1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Faith a Meritorious Work?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Reformed, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    " Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." ( John 6:29 ):Cool

2. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to scripture, many, not all are called.
    Mat 22:14 KJV - For many are called, but few [are] chosen.

Since you choose to disregard Ephesians, consider the follwoing:
    Jhn 15:19 KJV - If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

2Th 2:13 KJV - But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

1Pe 2:9 KJV - But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Evangelism is a command from Christ. In order to be in His will, we must obey.

Remember:
    Isa 55:8 KJV - For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
    Isa 55:9 KJV - For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thats not all he says thats why you got things called chapters and verses. Lets read the WHOLE THING.

1 John 5

10The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son.11And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

Repeating: The one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son

What is the testimony that is believed or not?

And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.

Ok so the "reprobate" the one who makes God a LIAR is the one who ---> DOES NOT BELIEVE GOD HAS GIVEN THEM ETERNAL LIFE, AND THIS LIFE IS IN HIS SON

So when the "reprobate" says "HEY, God doesn't want me to have eternal life, Jesus Christ did not die for me"

Is he really a LIAR? or is he HONEST?

4. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    All are called to salvation
    Few choose salvation
    Those that accept salvation have a chosen field to serve

5. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who are born again do not habitually sin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again a thread has wandered far away from the topic of the OP. But hey! At least this one made it to 100+ posts.

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread is closed at the request of the OP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.