1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Faith "requirement" to be saved by God?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinists rely upon eisegesis, and so charge others with their malfeasance, which in the propaganda world is called inoculation.

In order for the concept not to be in the passage, then we are left with the questionable premise that we seek God when we are sinning. :)

No, wrong again. The idea is everyone sins and therefore we are all under sin. Note Romans 3:9, Paul says Jews and Gentiles are under sin. This is his premise. Then he sets out to prove it is true by citing scripture. As it is written:... Then Paul presents Psalm 14:1-3 demonstrating that folks who reject God have sinned and therefore are under the sin. After presenting two more evidences of wrongdoing, Paul restates his point that everyone is accountable to God. If we break one point of the Law, we have broken the whole law.

Note the repeat the the claim that no one seeks God, means no one seeks God "at any time." Eisegesis pure and simple. Matthew 13 has 3 of the 4 soils seeking God, i.e receiving the gospel with joy.

Yet another repeat of the fiction, we have Romans 9:30-33 where folks seek God through works and others through faith. We have Matthew 13. And we have Matthew 23:13.

More eisegesis. Does this verse say all things or some things? Calvinists claim all things, pouring their doctrine into the text. But if we keep reading the passage (1Cor. 2:14-3:3) we see that Paul said he had to speak to believers as "men of flesh" for they were only able to receive "milk" but not meat. Thus, back in Corinthians 2:14, Paul is teaching that the natural man does not receive the things (spiritual meat) of the Spirit of God.

Here again (Romans 8:7) we have Calvinisms eisegesis. What Paul is teaching is if we have our mind set on the flesh, i.e. fleshly desires, then we will not subject ourselves to the law of God, nor with our mind set on fleshly desires are we able to submit to God. So yet again we have Paul teaching about behavior and the Calvinist claiming it is a fixed condition compelled by God. Eisegesis !01

Our hearts are wicked, no doubt about it, but we are able to seek God and His righteousness.

Calvinists love to quote Genesis 6:6 out of context, but look down to Genesis 6:8 where Noah tries to live according to God's purpose. Picking and choosing a verse here and a verse there, they mutilate scripture and present false doctrine.

More inoculation, more fiction, more misdirection.

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Would like some help.

Would my post #140 be considered Calvinist or Arminian?

Are those the only two views which could be considered orthodox and or fundamental?

I am a Baptist.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

"IT" doesn't state! Scripture states:

Ephesians 1:3, 4
    3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
    4. According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

You will have to take your complaint to God the Father. He is the one who chose us in Jesus Christ before the foundation of the world. I don't necessarily have to explain Scripture but I do have to believe Scripture!

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Percho, your post #140 does not directly address the issues that divide Calvinists and Arminians. Both agree that whatever the Bible teaches, it is true. The trick is to rightly divide the word of truth.

The Old Testament saints were saved in the same way New Testament saints are being saved. By grace through faith. Now they had to wait in Abraham's bosom, until "faith" appeared, and became their propitiation or means of salvation.

The Greek term is sometimes used as a noun and usually translated "faith", but is also used as a verb and usually translated believe, and sometimes the idea is continual adherence to beliefs, and so is also translated faithful. Living, vice dead, faith is not only the belief in Christ's gospel, but also a devotion and commitment to Christ such that we follow Christ and serve Him. Therefore we adhere to His commandments to Love God with all our heart, and love our neighbors as ourselves, treating others as we would want to be treated. Our yes is yes and our no is no, we do not mislead in order to manipulate others.

The test of our faith is not whether we believe in this view or that, i.e. 6 day creationism or old earth doctrine, but whether or not we serve Christ and provide for our brothers and sisters. Someone could be totally mixed up on what the Bible says about the future, but enter heaven "abundantly" because of his or her love of Jesus and life of service.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God chose us to be found in Christ, He elected us unto eternal life in Christ, but we are STILL born as sinners, STILL under His condemnation until the time we place faith in Christ and THEN become no longer children of wrath but children of God!

We still have to be translated out from satan kingdom to God, and THAT happens once faith in christ and born again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.