1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Iran NEXT?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LadyEagle, May 23, 2007.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

We're already at war with Iran. We've been supporting terrorist groups that want to destabilize Iran for awhile now. So, here we go again once more using the same tool that we condemn others for using.

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is exactly one of the notions I detest. Knowing end times prophecy doesn't allow us to lead political lives promoting it. We are to fight the "GOOD" fight, that is for honorable, upright reasons. We are to fight against this satanic attack on all things good. And don't presume to know God's plan, in it's details.

3. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

It's quite clear America will turn its back on Israel sooner or later, I just hope it's later.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No, we're supposed to lay down and let the evildoers (authorities) have their way with us...Romans 13.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Americans should put the interests of the United States ahead of those of any other nation - including Israel. To do otherwise is treasonous.

I am afraid there are some Christians who would have no problem with seeing the United States destroyed if it meant the survival of the modern political state of Israel. Such vermin make me sick.

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Amen! :applause:

7. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

The vermin that make me sick are those proposing we withdraw, allowing these satanic radicals to realize overall victory, which confirms their calling to allah, and the overwhelming desire to carry out their terrorist activities at home, in Israel, and here in our country.

8. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Be patient, when GWB leaves office in Jan, '09' you will get to see the fruits of your compliance with evil.

9. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope you all like the draft.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that hillclimber1 and his compadres should be the first to be drafted.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not wanting to see millions of innocent Iranian civilians nuked by the United States government over some outrageous statements made by Admadinejad means that I am complying with evil?

I am afraid you don't understand the definition of evil.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What's to stop them from enlisting now? Here's the dotted line. Don't forget, there is an oath to defend the U.S. Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic involved in enlisting.

#32 poncho, May 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2007
  13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nuking Iran would not stop small bands of terrorists from crossing our borders and carrying out terrorist attacks in the United States.

Also, we won the conflict in Iraq long ago - we deposed Saddam Hussein and gave the Iraqis a representative form of government. What they do with what has been placed in their laps is up to them.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent point, poncho. Excellent point.

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

If everyone that supports this bipartisan agressive interventionist foreign policy would just enlist and show their metal now we wouldn't need a draft.

16. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm incredibly wary about expanding military operations whenever we are stretched so thin. If we think Iraq is hard, we haven't seen anything yet, concerning occupying Iran. I don't see how the US could sustain long-term operations against Iran without a draft.

I'm not concerned about the draft, personally, though I am of draftable age. Being a minister who also has asthma, I would be disqualified. I do have friends, however, whom I do not wish to see die in Iran. If we must attack, I say bomb from the air and blast from the ships but do not use land forces. Let them work out their own chaos.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, we don't see Sean Hannity signing up, do we?

18. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be fair, the man is 45 years old.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Conflicts cannot be won without boots on the ground. Unless nuclear weapons are used. And if our government does that to a nation that has not even violated the NPT, well, I hope we never have to deal with such a situation.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what? Anyone who advocates war as loudly and bellicosely as he does should either sign up or shut up, either fish or cut bait.