1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is It A Mans World?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Jan 26, 2020.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just noticed something and to you that are married may be you can relate... There are discussion on here about the deep things of God and it is the Arminians and the Calvinist discussion, but what is missing here?... The ladies!... My wife and I study differently, I'm reading Gleaning In The Godhead by A.W. Pink and she is reading Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. She is more into a relational God and a God of relationships and care very little about discussing doctrinal issues... Now for the ladies that happen to see this, this is not a bad thing just a different one... I was just wondering why?... You brethren that are married, is it the same in your home or is my own experience strange and out of the ordinary... My wife also informed me that if a woman preacher took the stand in the church she grew up in her father would have stayed home... Never heard a woman preacher in the 50 years I was in my church, but times have changed or have they?... So do you have doctrinal discussions with the missus or do you wait till you get on here, like I do?... I hope the women who see this don't want to tar and feather me:eek:... Your thoughts... Brother Glen:)

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No tarring nor feathering.

I know many women who are very interested in doctrine, apologetics, …..the whole she-bang [pun intended! LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed, I have missionary friends and a few of the women are excellent in reading and translating Greek. They use their skills for translation work to tribal languages.
    There are a few women authors who I view as equals to Arthur Pink in understanding the attributes and working of God. They are very gifted and they are also humbly submitting to their husbands and pastor's. I see them as Proverbs 31 women who are greatly to be appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  4. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm interested in doctrine, apologetics, less so in arguing about it. Also, I have tons of other interests that are constantly competing for attention. But I do have books on apologetics and whatnot.

5. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your experience is probably typical, but will not likely hold across the board.

I wonder how many women would want to be more of a theologian than their husbands.

For that matter, I wonder how many men would want to be more of a theologian than their pastors.