1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

is it A MUST That Your pastor/Church Teach/Preach Calvinism?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, May 2, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

we are NOT arguing here, as I DO hold to God having a divine election choice going on, that He grants to us eternal life in Christ by act of His will, just saying that those would be what an Arminian would tend to hold to!

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No No I didnt mean to denote us ...rather the Calvinist / Non Calvinistic stances.

This will probably lead to another useless arguement as to who is right & who is wrong. I held the point in my youth ....well middle 30's till I was in my early 50's even while doing time in an apostate Presbyterian church. I was a 4 point Calvinist & couldnt understand Limited Atonement nor accept it. That took time, study & prayer. The real dropping off point that changed me was the HS for without his intervention, I would never have been saved. Then I was changed.

Nobody here (I hope) questions anyones salvation, but doctrines of grace now fits in my head cause I experienced it 1st hand.....so thats how I roll.:smilewinkgrin:

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Interestingly enough, the same could be said of Jacobus Arminias, and myself for that matter.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I understand that from reading about him as well

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Agreed!! I guess I dislike "no name theology" just as much as you do "Calvinist".

Agreed again!! I would welcome any CHRISTian at my home church, Little Martha!! One of the best meetings I was in was back in 2007. I went to an ORB assoc.(Sovereign Grace Assoc. of ORBs) that is at least a 4 pointers, and quite possibly 5 pointers. I really enjoyed myself that day!! They had some very blessed preachers that day!! I can worship with ANYONE who has Jesus as their Lord and Saviour!!

Agreed!! We are not saved by our theologies, but by the Blood of Jesus Christ!! Now, that's worth shoutin' 'bout!! Praise His sweet name!!

i am I AM's!!

Willis

6. Osage Bluestem

I'm not reformed enough for the Puritan Board so they deactivated my account today.

I don't hold to covenant theology. I hold to remnant theology and I'm dispensational and premillenial. Also I'm too evangelical and they frown on that there.

In a thread about eschatology a friend advised me to quit posting because the mods were upset that my views weren't reformed. I was communicating that I was taking his advice and posted. "I'm done."

I got banned for that. The PM said the reason for my ban was that "You're done."

So, I no longer support the Puritan Board. I believe differently than they do and I don't belong there.

7. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Think that they would view us here on the BB as being "too liberal" as we have Cals/Arms/Dispy/Convenent/Gifts cease/operate/ KJV/other versions etc

Think they JUST want those who hokld to the "reformed line"

8. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Don't feel bad. I DO hold to Covenant theology, I am fully reformed and confessional, and still got a warning today. Most of the folks on Puritan board are good folks. There are a few (as there are anywhere) who are overly zealous. But even these I think are good folks. They just have their friends, and like all of us, tend to see their friends point of view instead of ours. Its not a perfect world (but it will be one day!)

9. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Brother,

I think it is no different than us having a special forum here for "Baptists." On Puritan Board, the important thing is that you are reformed and confessional. On this forum, the important thing is that you are Baptist. If someone started advocating paedobaptism in the "Baptist Only" area, I imagine they would get the same treatment as Osage did on Puritan Board.

Here, we do not accept Presbyterians, Non-Denom, or Lutherans...but we WILL accept Arminian, Calvinist, dispys, covenant, etc.

On PB, they DO accept Presbys, Baptist, Non-Denom, and Lutherans...but you have to be reformed. No difference, really. Just a different set of guidelines.