1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is It God Leading?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, May 5, 2010.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I, like you, believe in the opening of doors and the closing of doors. Currently God seems to be opening a door and I will post on that once I know if the door is really opened or not. It will not be had to tell one one or two more things come about or do not come about.

I completely understand your feeling. I am also at that same conclusion. I promised God a number of years ago that I would go through any door he opened ... just let me know it is really an open door from him. I must say he has opened several very interesting doors.

2. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Well, let me give you more detail. A friend of mine told me he was going to visit a Bible college, and I went with him just to keep him company. The instant I set foot on that campus I thought, "This is where God wants me." However, rather than just up and quit my job and go, I fasted and prayed for three days until I felt assurance from God that it was His will. My friend didn't go there, but I did.

3. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have to beg to differ about putting out a fleece. Gideon did it out of lack of faith. Jesus said, "A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign." He has already given us all the direction we need through His word and His spirit.

4. Cutter

Cutter New Member

If the feeling was that strong why did you believe it was necessary to fast and pray three days? By the way, when I was asked to come and preach for the first time, at the second church I pastored, I told my wife that we would go and visit with them, but I did not believe the Lord would want me there as Pastor. The minute we walked into church and crossed over the threshold I had a strong witness in my heart that it was the place God wanted me to be. I pastored there six years, left for seven, and presently I am there as Pastor and have been for the last year.