1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it possible?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by dan e., Jan 22, 2008.

1. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Exactly...:thumbs:

Yes, they will corrupt your worship. Just like Achan's hidden sin cost the Israelites in battle.
    Joshua 7:21 (KJV)
    When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and took them; and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it.

We are to follow the scriptures. So yes, we are to dismiss unrepentant believers.

2. dan e.

dan e. New Member

I agree.

Again, homosexuality, specifically, was not my point. Serious disagreements, and how much we disagree before someone crosses the line, was my point. I hope people don't think I have some agenda :thumbs:

This also aided in my learning to read....so I appreciate that too.:wavey:

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

HA on the reading ;) I saw that comment and as a teacher, I'm so very proud of you for your continued efforts. I know it was difficult. (I'd put a double wink in here, but I'd be beyond the number of images allowed - so used your imagination.)

I didn't think you had an agenda - I thought you used the other as a springboard because it was there.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not support homosexuality or lesbianism in any shape, manner, or form. I think it is a disgusting, nauseating, absolutely obnoxious lifestyle and a complete rebellion against God's design of the natural use of men and women.
    However, we need to face to the fact that there are homosexuals, sodomites, and lesbians that live amongst us, and that this is their world, not ours.
    Christians should, no, ought to be up in arms when the following happens:

1, Openly gay and lesbian individuals or couples insist on joining their church;

2. Openly gay and lesbian individuals or couples insist on being married in their church and by their pastor, or even if not their pastor if the ceremony is to be performed in their church;

There may be more than the above that should cause the Christian to militanly contend for his faith and values, but right now, these are the two that come to my mind.

Note that the above are direct confrontations being initiated by the gays and lesbians that I have cited.

However, when it comes to government legalizing "marriage" between gays and lesbians, I do not think it is any of our business, since we can huff and puff all we want, if we know that the God we serve is a God of justice and vengeance as much as a God of love and salvation, none of our huffing and puffing will cause our God to be more just and vengeful than He already is.

In other words, their time will come, and God will have the last laugh.

Besides, their idea of marriage is not the same idea that God instituted between Adam and Eve.

Theirs is geared more towards the legality and ensuing benefits of "marriage" and is as solemn, holy, and binding as the legal papers they sign that certify that they are married.

Christian marriage on the other hand, is between the Christian man and the Christian women and the Christian God, and is valid and binding whether or not there are papers that say the government calls the marriage legal and binding.

So, I have no problem with government legalizing gay and lesbian marriage at all, since government is not Christian.

My problem is protecting my family, my children, and my home from the onslaught of Satan thru the government, and for that I have a two-edged sword called the Word of God, and a standing order from my God thru Deuteronomy 6.

#44 pinoybaptist, Jan 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  5. Joe

Joe New Member

Edited by Joe

#45 Joe, Jan 22, 2008
  6. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Forgive me, Joe, but I was not born and raised in the English language, so I am not thoroughly familiar with its expressions and other idioms.

Is this meant to be an insult ?
    Why ?

7. Joe

Joe New Member

You are not showing mercy towards homosexuals, and imo, displaying a hard heart.

I don't think the Lord will have "the last laugh" reigning vengeance over a segment of children. The thought of them burning in hell is not funny.

Would you be willing to edit your post? I would edit mine also, thanks

#47 Joe, Jan 22, 2008
  8. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mercy is not mine to give. That is the Lord's. And if it is any consolation to you, judge, I have a nephew who is a homosexual, and an aunt who was lesbian, and I love them both. And I express that love by speaking truth to them about the abominable lifestyle they have.
    I think there is more mercy there than you can ever express.

The Lord will have vengeance on all who despise His Name. Sorry, not my idea. If you know your Bible, and I hope you do, you know where to find that Scripture and the principle.

You "holier-than-thou" types always think those who speak of judgment always lack the compassion that you alone have.
    I have a broken right little finger.
    Almost permanently crooked.
    Broken by government agents thirty years ago in the Philippines when they tortured me so I would "name names". I never did.
    And I was on the wrong side of righteousness at that time.
    Should I edit my post now that I know I am on the right side of righteousness ?

9. dan e.

dan e. New Member

This is an overall pretty disgusting post.

Although you did mention that you didn't mind the government legalizing gay marriage...which is interesting. Kind of on the lines of my OP.

10. Rob_L

Rob_L New Member

From what I've read in this thread I think some are failing to separate what actions the church should take and what actions we should take personally.
    #1- Gay marriage was the example, not the context.
    Sin or wrong doctrine, both kinda intermingled here, must be dealt with in the church. As ministers or laymen, its our job to minister, rebuke, and discipline if necessary, our fellow members of the body.
    #2- Being an effective witness. In my years of inner city ministry, I've had the priviledge of leading two homosexuals to Christ, not by bashing their lifestyle; they already feel the guilt and remorse of it(another thread,another time). At the same time we cannot skirt the issue of sin. We have to be willing, unapolagetically to show them truth and leave the decision of choice in their hands. This is true regardless of the sin or doctrinal error.
    #3- American or Christian. Baptists(I r wun) traditionally lump these two themes together even today. We are quickly coming to the day where we will have to make choices: Submit to God's law or man's. Gay marriage, adultery, or something simple like seat belt laws(stupid in my opinion). Do we or can we obey them. Preachers in Canada have sat in jail recently over these choices and our day is fast approaching.
    Ok, I'm done,lol. sorry if my post seems a bit random:type:

11. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really. Mind telling me why ?

12. dan e.

dan e. New Member

Sure.

I think your choice of words is an unbiblical characterization of God, and portrays an attitude toward homosexuals that is equally as disgusting as their lifestyles.

"their time will come" has a connotation that reflects little sincerety towards your desire for them to experience the full life Christ offers us all, and the life I'm hoping you and I are both living.

"God will have the last laugh" portrays God to be an angry dictator that can't wait to punish those who live against Him. I think the picture we have of God responding to unrepentance is best portrayed in Jesus weeping over Jerusalem because they have not turned to Him.

That is pretty disgusting way to talk about people who clearly need Jesus. If I've misintepreted...perhaps that could have been prevented by using a different way of saying what you had to say. Because, after all, I don't disagree with you that homosexuality is a sick perversion of God's design.

Let me know if I've interpreted what you said incorrectly. But...I think it was a pretty disgusting way of saying what you had to say.

13. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are two sides to the God of the Bible as I understand it, one is that of love, the other of judgment. I have never read of Him react in any way towards any sin except one of judgment. Judgment fell on David when he sinned through the perpetual turmoil that entered his household. Judgment fell on Abraham when he became impatient and gave in to the "wisdom" of Sarah to have a son by their maid, Hagar, and the results of that judgment is still being witnessed by the world today in the conflict between the nations of Israel and of Ishmail.
    Paul also says the effeminate, and those who defile themselves with mankind, will NOT see the kingdom of God. He offers no compromise to them.
    I am sorry your sensibilities are offended, but I'd rather have man's sensibilities offended than preaching "love" at all costs.

So you don't want to say that sinners have a judgment coming to them ? It's not that I am looking forward to seeing that day and finding pleasure in it, but that is a fact I have stated. As surely as all believers in Christ will be reunited with Christ into His eternal glory, those whom the Bible calls the "wicked" shall be cast into everlasting punishment.

My desire or non-desire for them to experience the full life Christ offers us all, to quote you, has nothing to do with what God has decreed shall come to pass. And secondly, Christ does not offer a full life to "us all". He gives that life to whom He will.

Well, you will have to take that up with the Holy Spirit, not me. He authored the following psalms:

psalms 2:1-5 "1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, 3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. 4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. 5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure."
    psalms 37:12 -"12 The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth. 13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming. "

psalms 59:8 - "8 But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision. "

Those are just three of many Scriptures. Like I said, they have their time. And I don't mean only the lesbians and homosexuals, but all who mock the Creator God thru their lifestyle.

Well, that is your opinion. I have a different take on that.

Don't they know they need Jesus ? Have they not heard the gospel ? Anytime you turn on the radio, at any given time, at any given locality, and at any given language, you have the gospel being preached. Same thing with tv. But, no, these people, and their associates, have clearly by their lifestyle and their principles and their mindset rejected God.
    In that case, God, and only God, can do something about it, and it is up to Him to do what He will.

You judge me, but what have you been doing yourself ? Have you opened up a mission for these "pitiful" people ? You point fingers, but what have your hands done about these situations yourself ?

I'm really not in the habit of softening blows. if it's a hard blow, it's a hard blow.

Good.

well, you can throw up, if you like, but what I meant is what I meant.

14. dan e.

dan e. New Member

me and you, my friend...while we basically agree with what we are talking about...handle it in completely different ways.

Your calvinism has screwed up your thought process.

15. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

This is a pretty good summary of my view.

16. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    no, my thought processes are all intact and in line with Scripture.
    i wouldn't say yours isn't in line with Scriptures, i would pretty much look at you as ruled by emotion.

17. dan e.

dan e. New Member

Are you telling me that you are actually going to pull out those Psalms...which are clearly not talking about the end, but a point in history, and are going to say that God sits back and will laugh at those not found in Christ?

I think you are mistaken by pulling those passages of scripture and making them apply to when God will judge.

18. dan e.

dan e. New Member

You also have a different take than Jesus...which should concern you a little more than you different take than me.

19. dan e.

dan e. New Member

There's a scary method of evangelism. Approach people and say, "haven't you turned on the Christian radio station?!":BangHead:

20. Joe

Joe New Member

:rolleyes: You couldn't have it more backwards

“And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” - Micah 6:8

1 Cor 6:9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God

After establishing some kind of relationship with the person, which includes showing love and mercy towards them, I have quoted this verse to show where the Lord says they will end up.

Let's see. You have stated you find their lifestyle disgusting, obnoxious and "nauseating". It must be difficult to witness to someone you find nauseating.
    The Lord commands us to love one another as ourselves. Breaking this commandment may send you to the same place as the homosexuals. Be careful...

#60 Joe, Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008