1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it sinful to pray for an evil person’s death?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The LORD said to Satan, “From where do you come?” Then Satan answered the LORD and said, “From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it.” The LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil.”[Job 1:7-8]

Satan never mentioned anything about Job, the Lord did. Yet, Job never sinned with his lips. Even when he said “You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips.[Job 2:10] Job knew that which happened to Him was from the Lord. Yes, Satan did it, but God prompted him to do it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The whole point was the challenge that the only reason Job liked God was because God only blessed him with Good fortune.

Job 1

9Then Satan answered the LORD, “Does Job fear God for nothing? 10“Have You not made a hedge about him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. 11“But put forth Your hand now and touch all that he has; he will surely curse You to Your face.”

According to some theologies Satan was right, being that God works Job like a puppet and has no choice in the matter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SolaSister

SolaSister Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just to throw my two cents in, brother...
    My encouragement to you is to pray that if it be to God’s glory and His will, that God grant her repentance and a changed heart. That His will be done above all here on earth, as it is heaven, and His justice be done swiftly.
    It is only by His beautiful, abounding Grace that you aren’t describing me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ". . . Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. . . ." --Matthew 5:43-48.
    ". . . We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. . . ." -- 1 John 3:12-15.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It will be a miracle indeed if she changes her ways. In the meantime she continues to hurt people.

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well becoming a Christian is miracle (Romans 1:16). So my question is, what do you know of this person's view of Christianity?

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know it pretty well. But do you know what an Italian Catholic is? BTW her husbands a Polish Catholic. Typical NJ

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Want to hear my confession! :Laugh

9. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet, God can change her heart. In fact, He is the only one who can. :)

But Saul began ravaging the church, entering house after house, and dragging off men and women, he would put them in prison.[Acts of the Apostles 8:3] Not a pretty picture of a man, is it? I bet the believing Gentiles felt about him the way you do this lady. Yet, God was merciful to him. If God can change Saul of Tarsus, changing her is easy peasy. :)

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She doesn’t want to be changed...she likes her self just the way she is.

11. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I bet Saul of Tarsus was the same way. :)

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When He makes her go blind then maybe then I will agree with you. Then she couldn’t screw anyone over anymore.

13. OfLivingWaters

OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No satan was wrong is the point, because Job never cursed God. God proved satan wrong, Regardless of what Job knew or not that was going on behind the scenes, satan walked away with egg on his face by being proved wrong.

14. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you saying she was baptized into Christianity through the Catholic Church? Are you saying she is evil because she is a Catholic Italian???

15. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Maybe it is you who needs a change of heart. It would seem that you are becoming very bitter and your "Christianity" can not with stand her sin. What exactly is her sin that has you so angry?

16. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christ is giving you increase, I said this once to you. Did that mean increase in knowledge of Him regardless of how you receive it, or increase of spirit? It would seem you have a vile hatred toward Catholics why?

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you an Italian Catholic?

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again before i discuss catholism, are you or have you been catholic?

19. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you made a poppet of this woman? And the evil eye thing, all this sounds like you're having a voodoo battle with her, very disturbing!

Folk religion in Wales

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What’s a poppet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.