1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Matthew 19 speaks of having eternal life via good works?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Bro. Ruben, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Bro. Ruben

Bro. Ruben New Member

Double posting, sorry!

Mods, kindly delete this one please.

Thanks.

2. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

God saves the "Soul", not the "flesh", in rebellion, it is turned over to satan much quicker than it normally would be, (old age) but evenually, Satan gets "All flesh". (dust)

Ge 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,

Ge 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent,
    dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Flesh is Satan's "Bread of life" in the same sense Jesus's "Body" is our "Bread of life".

3. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Bro. Ruben,

The verses in Hebrews are speaking of Christians that have received the Word of the Kingdom, meaning that Christians will rule and reign with Christ in the 1,000-year Millenial Kingdom, but for whatever reason they have fallen away. Once that happens there is no repentence for them.

Our inheritance is to rule and reign with Christ for 1,000 years and after that we enter into eternity. But just like Esau we are able to forfeit our inheritance. Esau saw little value in his inheritance so he sold it for a single meal.

Once he found out how valuable that inheritance was he changed his mind and tried to get his father to change his mind and bless him also, but it did not happen.

You can also see this picture in the children in the wildneress. They believed the 10 spies that said we can't conquer the land instead of the two spies who said we can.

They realized their mistake and tried to enter the land but were turned back and were destroyed in the wildnerness instead of obtaining the promised land.

Hope that helps.

4. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Bro. Ruben wrote,

Yes, death means separation from God, and Hebrews 6:6 expressly says that those Christians who “have fallen away” cannot be renewed again to repentance. Those Christians who have fallen away are most certainly separated from God and thus so very dead that it is “impossible to renew them again to repentance.”

Hebrews 6:6. and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame. (NASB, 1995)

[​IMG]

5. Craigbythesea

Absolute nonsense! There is nothing in the Epistle to the Hebrews that even remotely suggests that the concept of a future millennial kingdom was even known to the author, and most certainly a future millennial kingdom is NOT in view in this passage.

[​IMG]

6. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Try Hebrews chapter 4 where it talks of the coming Sabbath rest. That rest will come to Israel and Christians when? That's right during the 1,000 years. Hebrews is almost all about if not 100% concerning the coming kingdom.

7. Calvibaptist

Calvibaptist New Member

Yes.

Matthew 3:1-2 In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, 2 and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!"

Mark 1:14-15 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."

And please don't make a false-dichotomy between the "kingdom of God" and salvation. Repent and believe in the gospel is a salvation message. It also involves the kingdom of God. You really need to read some Progressive Dispensationalists rather than sticking with the old Charles Ryrie brand. Better yet, read the Gospels. Hmmm, why do they call them gospels?

8. Calvibaptist

Calvibaptist New Member

9. Craigbythesea

Absolute nonsense! There is nothing in the Epistle to the Hebrews that even remotely suggests that the concept of a future millennial kingdom was even known to the author.

[​IMG]

10. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Amen, brother! We've been studying this at church for quite some time now. Very little in the Bible is written to lost people; almost all of it is written to the saved and it exhorts them to live a better life here so that they may be able to rule and to reign.

To say that all believers will rule and reign in the coming Kingdom is absurd! There will be many who will serve then, because they choose not to serve now.

Yep! So many people mistakenly portray Esau as a type of a lost person, when in fact, this is dealing with inheritance. They are both in the family, but Esau gave up the better inheritance to satisfy his flesh. Most people forget (or choose to ignore) that he still had an inheritance, just not the better inheritance.

11. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Absolute nonsense! There is nothing in the Epistle to the Hebrews that even remotely suggests that the concept of a future millennial kingdom was even known to the author, and most certainly a future millennial kingdom is NOT in view in this passage.

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning,

Do you know that the same pattern of days described for the world "Beginning", is the same pattern described for it's "END"??? (each day=1000 years)

[​IMG]

The Bible contains a "Schedule" in which events will occur, and so far, it's 100% accurate.

BTW, we're at the end of the six days, :eek:

"R.U. Rapture Ready"???? [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Calvibaptist,

I would encourage you to reconsider whether or not the Jews were still dead in trespasses and sins. I would suggest that they were not. The offer of the Kingdom of God, or the Kingdom of the Heavens (look it's actually plural in the original language) was the heavenly sphere of the earthly kingdom of which the physical part had already been promised.

These folks would have been in no way able to even entertain the offer unless they were alive spiritually. For a spiritually dead person can not understand spiritual matters.

The offer of salvation by grace through faith was unneeded, because these folks had already shown their faith in believing what God said about the sacrifices pointing to the Ultimate Sacrifice Jesus Christ. He didn't come to these folks as Savior, He came to them as Messiah/King/Annointed One.

The didn't reject a Savior they rejected a King.

By the way I've never read any of Ryrie's material [​IMG]

And as the gospel goes it just means good news. The good news for the Jews was that their King was in their midst and He was ready to establish His Kingdom right then if the nation would repent and believe on Him as King not as Savior. Their sins had already been dealt with as far as that was concerned.

13. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I forgot to add this about the good news. The Gentiles are today being offered what the Jews rejected. They rejected a actual Kingdom (1,000-year Kingdom and its King).

But in order for a Gentile to entertain that offer they must be made alive, because they are dead in their trespasses and sins. This is the good news to the Gentiles. But once a person has become alive spiritually there is a second bit of good news and that is the fact that each Christian can become a firstborn son and can become a part of the bride of Christ. And only spiritually alive folks can determine whether or not they want to believe that. If they do believe that then they must repent of their sins and allow the Holy Spirit to discipline them as necessary and have Jesus, Who is acting as High Priest continue to cleanse them from time to time as the Holy Spirit reveals sin (God is a refiner's fire and a fuller's soap). You can see this picture in the washing of Peter's feet.

14. Craigbythesea

J. Jump wrote,

Let's discuss what the Bible says rather than some science fiction writer! :rolleyes:

Nowhere, absolutely nowhere in the Bible do we find such doctrines! :eek:

[​IMG]

15. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

The "Trinity" explains the scripture, You have to separate them into "Father-Son" to understand the scripture, even though they are "ONE".

In Heaven, the "Father" sits on the throne
    On earth, Jesus sits on "HIS Throne",

At the GWT, it's Jesus sitting on the throne because it's "on earth" and all Judgment is committed to Jesus, the Son, not the Father.

Joh 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

No unsaved person will ever see the fully glory of God the Father, at judgment, they'll only see Jesus.

Mt 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they (only) shall see God. (in his full glory)

Jesus's "transfiguration" will be into the fully glory of God, "AFTER" the Judgement.

Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Joh 16:25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. (Jesus Transfigured)

I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Yep, you're having trouble with the "Trinity" explaining the scriptures. :confused: :D

Does God "Air mail" these a "Degree" to "hang on the wall"??? :eek: :D [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Craig if that's what you want to believe then you are entilted to it. As for me I will stick with the Bible that clearly teaches what I have laid out.

17. Craigbythesea

If what you have laid out is in the Bible, why can't any scholars of the Bible find it there?

[​IMG]

18. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I would be more than happy to share that information with you, but you have displayed such a closeminded attitude that it wouldn't do any good any way, so I won't waste my time.

However, I would encourage you to look at Matthew 13. And Revelation 3.

19. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

20. Craigbythesea

Many Bible scholars have devoted a large portion of their lives studying what the Bible teaches about the kingdom of God, and have written extensively on the subject. And since this is a very important subject in the Bible, I have had the occasion to study the subject a little myself, and I could post a substantial bibliography of those whose interpretation is vastly different than yours, but I am aware of only a few of them (Robert Govett, for example) that share your view, and none of them were men of stature in the academic world of Biblical studies. If I have missed anyone, please don’t leave me in the dark.

Question: Are you possibly a member of the pseudo-Christian cult that Joey Faust belongs to?

[​IMG]