1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Obama an enlightened being?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

"Many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve. They are philosophers and peacemakers of a very high order, and they speak not just to reason or emotion, but to the soul."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/gate/a/2008/06/06/notes060608.DTL

2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

They said the same thing about AH.

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

My Father would say: "Son, he puts his pants on just like me!"

I see abolutely nothing extraordinary about Obama nor any of the others in the race for President. Those who think he's a "lightworker" must have just come out of the movie theatre and still haven't adjusted to reality.

No human has the ability to "help us evolve" into a "new way of being on the planet" in the sense being implied herein. I think the Bible makes it clear that there's nothing new under the sun.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Is Obama an enlightened being?

No but his owners are. Don't feel left out though republicans John McCain's owners are the enlightened ones too.

#4 poncho, Jun 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2008
  5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

As an enlightened being myself, I must say that while Mr. Obama is an intelligent person, he is not one of "us".

:wavey: