1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is our country really divided?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by john6:63, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not true. According to USA Today, the population of the red counties is 150 million while the population of the blue counties is 100 million. Arguably, this would mean that further increases in voter participation would have increased Bush's margin at a ratio of about 3 to 2.

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I thought talking down to other posters was against the rules. </font>[/QUOTE]I don't think he is. I have friends in Pennsylvania, and yankees just express themselves differently. [​IMG]

Every since they were old enough to talk, the girls have wanted me to move back to the South (they were born in Maryland). My family is in North Carolina, and the girls always loved it when we visited. Of course, I live about 10 miles from where my wife was born and grew up.
    </font>[/QUOTE]If you ever make it back, I'll buy you some Dreamland Ribs.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Although they are a chain, I really like the Texas Roadhouse ribs. At least at the one here, they are the best ribs that I have tasted. Of course, I have never had the Dreamland Ribs, but in my travels, I am always looking for good ribs.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Dreamland has about the second-best ribs I have ever tasted. Sticky Fingers (I think they're a chain) in Chattanooga has the best.

Of course, I'm on Weight Watchers, so I can't have NEAR as many as I'd like...

3. OrovilleTim

OrovilleTim New Member

The Left is full of hate?
    Perhaps you should listen to Rush Limbaugh, Neil Boortz, Michael Savage, or Sean Hannity on the radio.
    Tune in Hannity & Colmes any night on the Fox News Channel. Pay special attention to each host, and I want you to tell us who becomes more animated, and who is more gracious to their guests. Perhaps you will be fortunate enough to catch Ann Coulter as a guest, or even Oliver North.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Does passion equal hate? I wouldn't call what you are referring to has hate, but more as being very passionate about the subjects at hand.

I spend a bit of time in the SF Bay Area... I can tell you a thing or two about hate. You've heard of "don't let them see you sweat", we'll this is "don't let them think you are to the right of them on anything." It's even worse when they find out you are a Christian. Those folks are seething with hatred, and it isn't "passion", it's elite snobbery.

I've also lived in the Ozarks and you don't get much more right than where I was and it was the most peaceful and tolerant environment I had ever been in.

Maybe where you are at, the left isn't the majority but here it is and they don't have to wear phony faces. They spew their hatred and rhetoric with no reservations. So it goes in California, the Left Coast.

4. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

I guess the hate directed at one's self is always more noticable. It's just that you don't see that kind of hate in the liberal media, as opposed to the rightwing.

Where is the liberal who says that all conservatives are traitors? They don't have an Ann Coulter, although they have a number of P.J. O'Rourkes.