1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Salvation Accepting Jesus Into My Heart?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Piper, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Turn that around where it will do some good.

Since, confession is good for the soul, we find the full admission of your intent stated here:
    Your questions were presumptuous, based on your own personal bias, prejudice, and judgments tacitly assumed beforehand, as you just confessed.

Utterly false shortsightedness.

The words evil and false Gospel, even I had used them in the description of others salvation views, are not "denouncing the salvation of all others", as if there is no other interpretation.

Get some church.

God has for His people the component of church discipline in every properly structured church body of His, for dealing with evil men crept in unawares who attempt to spread any false Gospel, unrepentantly, and He commands His people there, to "let them be accused", by separating them from being in good standing with that body of believers who would place them under church disciple for Doctrinal Heresy.

The spread of a false Gospel is a schism.

"That there should be no schism in the body;
    but that the members should have the same care one for another."

I Corinthians 12:25.

Their message and those false teachers may be said to be evil and their false Gospel and they may also be called "accused", with nothing regarding the subject of their salvation being associated them, by their use.

That will be the day BB posters show as much concern for lost people to not be deceived by evil false gospels, as they are with directing their focus toward trying to get others banned by attributing to them any insinuation where they could possibly be,
    "teetering on breaking the rule of questioning the salvation of others", as ScarlettO mentioned, as if that is somehow they're calling to, "press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

That will be the day.

What do you mean? God just triggered you into confessing why you were so motivated to post these questions, when you tricked yourself into admitting they were driven exclusively by your very own judgmental presuppositions.

Guess again.

2. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    While, the O.P., asks a question about salvation, with regard to how it may, or may not be, procured and obtained, by a lost soul,
    Is Salvation Accepting Jesus Into My Heart?,

there are, on the other hand, verses you may have seen, such as;
    and;
    The first verse mentions the word, "hearts", while second one contains the word, "accepted".

What about that?

The O.P. mentions the word "heart" and "accepting", too.

Isn't that fantastic.

Those words in the O.P. that are also in those verses don't have any relationship to one another, as they are being used, but they are fantastic.

I am going to have to make the "you", in Ephesians 3:16, have, "his Spirit in the inner man", as saved souls who have had their heart changed, where Paul desires for them that "Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith”.

Paul wants God to grant these saved souls at Ephesians to have Christ living in their saved hearts in a big way, by them being "strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man", and that "by faith", both of which only saved people possess, "according to the riches of his glory".

And in the other verse, since it is said of these souls that it was God,
    Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself,"

And we certainly know they were saved, and absolutely so because the Activity of God in having saved their souls is clearly stated as "he hath made us accepted in the beloved".

God's children are accepted by God the Father through the shed blood of His Son, "
    according to the good pleasure of his will",
    6 "to the praise of the glory of his grace," because God brought these souls "to Himself", "by the adoption of children by Jesus Christ", that He had Predestinated the "us", unto, with the "us", there, being these Predestinated, Adopted, saved Ephesians, who'd been accepted in Jesus Christ the beloved".

So, since the O.P., uses the words "accepting" and "heart", in connection with whether a lost person can make the acquisition of their salvation, according to the good pleasure of their own will, to the praise of the Glory of their sin-cursed flesh,

then, the occurrences of the words, "accepted" and "hearts", in those verses from Ephesians need to be understood in connection with the souls that had already obtained salvation. "according to the good pleasure of his will", "to the praise of the glory of his grace."

So, they are different in how they are being used, and the usages of the former don't apply to the later in any fashion and vice versa.

Their difference is infinite.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Narcissistic gaslighting of the worst sort is this post. I have never seen it this bad. Ever

4. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

No its not, scripture never states that, its a man made concept.

5. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But the bible does imply that idea:
    Rom_10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Gal 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

1Co_3:16 Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Rom_8:9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.

When we believe in and confess Christ Jesus then the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in us. So we do ask Christ into our heart.

#85 Silverhair, Nov 8, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like already stated, its a man made concept nowhere in scripture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Brightfame52 you seem to hold to a number of concepts that are not found in scripture.

Total inability, Unconditional Election, Limited Atonement, Irresistible Grace, Perseverence of the Saints.

You reject clear scripture that supports the concept of one asking Christ into their heart and hold to unfounded ones.

9. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Asking Jesus into ones heart, again a man made concept nowhere found in scripture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you disagree with what the bible says, got it.

11. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its not in the bible, its a man made concept

12. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unlike the made up concepts you hold to, a person actually trusting in God so that the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in them is biblical.

13. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please quote the verse that says "You must ask Jesus into your heart in order to be saved." If you cannot, then you must admit that the phrase is man-made. The first time I ever heard the phrase was when listening to Billy Graham.

Now, the argument can be made as to what Billy Graham meant by that phrase, which I think you may be attempting to draw out, but the actual phrase is not, to my knowledge, found in the Bible, which would mean that it is not a statement by God, but it is a statement by Godward Christians.

14. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like you the one with man made concepts.

15. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its probably a corruption of the text from Rev 3:20

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

16. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

The problem with you guys is you cannot properly define salvation and what it is.

Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith;

Colossians 1:27
    To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Romans 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
    11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

You guys obviously don't believe the scriptures that tell us that being born again is the entrance of Jesus Christ into the body in the person of the Holy Spirit to quickens us, or to make us alive to God, but for those of us who do believe and know Christ, we are aware that he does not dwell in the liver, or the kidneys, or the big toe. He dwells in the heart, which is the control center of our lives. There are pictures in the OT, i. e. the tabernacle, that gives us a physical picture of where he dwells in the most Holy place in the tabernacle. The Jews in the first century would have understood the analogy.

This is the danger of your religious system. It darkens the mind so you cannot see.

Acts 8:37
    And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Here are three things that are required for one to be saved.

1) The Lord Jesus
    2) A saved preacher to make known the Lord Jesus
    3) A repentant heart that leads to faith in Christ

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're probably right about that.

The famous painting that is supposed to be related to this verse is a Pure Graven Image. I had to finally put a couple of otherwise seemingly sane BBers on 'ignore', because they Would Not come off of this business of

A). assuming this could in any way be applicable to a lost soul,

B.) that there is a 'heart' somehow associated with this passage,

C.) that a lost soul has 'a handle to the door of their heart' on the inside of it that they must open and that Jesus can not, etc., etc.

So. What was my big hyper issue I had with them to put them on ignore?

No Spiritual discernment.

No common Bible sense.

Playing into the hands of the devil

Being a sucker.

When someone holds the entirely false heretical depiction made by a painting to form their doctrine above the Word of God, no matter how strongly that is tried to simply show them, me and them are out.

18. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    @taisto I notice that you always ask for the exact quote when you are unwilling to accept a concept that is found in the bible but you expect others to accept whatever you say the bible means even when that concept has to be read into the text. Double standard there Taisto.

19. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on scripture as compared to those to which you hold which are not.

20. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I notice, you have no scripture to show us and thus refute the statement by @Brightfame52 that the term "ask Jesus into your heart" is a man-made phrase.

No scripture equals no argument. You lose the debate and @Brightfame52 wins the debate. It's settled. Thanks for playing.

• Informative Informative x 1