1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Salvation Accepting Jesus Into My Heart?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Piper, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The point is, no one can spiritually hear until after they're born of God. Jesus tells us who it is that Spiritually hears Gods word Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you agree that Jesus is adderssing unbelievers in both John 8:47 and John 10:26?

3. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you understand Matthew 13:10-17?

His disciples came and asked him, “Why do you use parables when you talk to the people?” He replied, “You are permitted to understand the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven, but others are not. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given, and they will have an abundance of knowledge. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them. That is why I use these parables, For they look, but they don’t really see. They hear, but they don’t really listen or understand. This fulfills the prophecy of Isaiah that says, ‘When you hear what I say, you will not understand. When you see what I do, you will not comprehend. For the hearts of these people are hardened, and their ears cannot hear, and they have closed their eyes— so their eyes cannot see, and their ears cannot hear, and their hearts cannot understand, and they cannot turn to me and let me heal them.’ “But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. I tell you the truth, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, but they didn’t see it. And they longed to hear what you hear, but they didn’t hear it.

The passage above answers your question regarding John 8:47 and John 10:26.

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course. What is your qurestion?
    You speak for @Brightfame52?

My question for you, what do you think is the Father's will the lost did not do in Matthew 7:21?

#124 37818, Dec 19, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  5. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think Matthew 13:10-17 answers your question to Brightframe? If not, why not?

(Matthew 7:21)
    “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.

What is the will of the Father?
    What does the parable of the bridesmaids tell you?

(Matthew 25:1-13)
    “Then the Kingdom of Heaven will be like ten bridesmaids who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. The five who were foolish didn’t take enough olive oil for their lamps, but the other five were wise enough to take along extra oil. When the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and fell asleep. “At midnight they were roused by the shout, ‘Look, the bridegroom is coming! Come out and meet him!’ “All the bridesmaids got up and prepared their lamps. Then the five foolish ones asked the others, ‘Please give us some of your oil because our lamps are going out.’ “But the others replied, ‘We don’t have enough for all of us. Go to a shop and buy some for yourselves.’ “But while they were gone to buy oil, the bridegroom came. Then those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was locked. Later, when the other five bridesmaids returned, they stood outside, calling, ‘Lord! Lord! Open the door for us!’ “But he called back, ‘Believe me, I don’t know you!’ “So you, too, must keep watch! For you do not know the day or hour of my return.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are not @Brightfame52.

Does not anwer it. Because I ask you.

7. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The answer is in the word of God. You can read it and figure it out. Carry on.

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do not know. It is Matthew 7:21 that answers Matthew 25:12.

9. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist