1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is satan the God of this world?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, Feb 18, 2013.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, Satan is a powerful being that represents evil and sin. He is alive and will, and roams like a devouring lion. He has demons to help him. However, he is limited, and is certainly not a god. Not every act of evil can be blamed on him, as the evil that permeates this earth is a combination of Satan, his demons, and mostly, our own self centered sin nature.

Satan and Adam are two different beings. There is no doubt about that, unless Adam was talking to himself. Icon, thanks for posting the article.

2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

thats just it you have no scriptural evidence that an so called angel named Satan fell from heaven :)

i believe in the word Satan--i just believes it means the adversaries were men or even a document in the old testament--theres no fallen angel named Satan that has ever exsisted--hes a figment of peoples imagination that came from Pagans and greek mythology :)

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who is Christ speaking with here?:

3 And the devil said unto him, if thou art the Son of God, command this stone that it become bread.
    4 And Jesus answered unto him, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone.
    5 And he led him up, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
    6 And the devil said unto him, To thee will I give all this authority, and the glory of them: for it hath been delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
    7 If thou therefore wilt worship before me, it shall all be thine.
    8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, It is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
    9 And he led him to Jerusalem, and set him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou art the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence
    10 for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee, to guard thee:
    11 and, On their hands they shall bear thee up, Lest haply thou dash thy foot against a stone.
    12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not make trial of the Lord thy God.
    13 And when the devil had completed every temptation, he departed from him for a season. Lk 4

[add]

3 And the tempter came and said unto him, If thou art the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.
    4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
    5 Then the devil taketh him into the holy city; and he set him on the pinnacle of the temple,
    6 and saith unto him, If thou art the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and, On their hands they shall bear thee up, Lest haply thou dash thy foot against a stone.
    7 Jesus said unto him, Again it is written, Thou shalt not make trial of the Lord thy God.
    8 Again, the devil taketh him unto an exceeding high mountain, and showeth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
    9 and he said unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
    10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
    11 Then the devil leaveth him; and behold, angels came and ministered unto him. Mt 4

#23 kyredneck, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
  4. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

we cant be sure who it is --im just as right as you to speculate on it being someone the High Priest sent to tempt him and trick him like they done through out the new testament in different ways--thats actually proof of that being who it was rather than some fallen angel that has no scriptural evidence behind such even exsisting :)

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

There is a supernatural element to spiritual things.If you want to remain credible you need to align your thought with what every other christian believes.
    What you are posting is not only unbiblical speculation that directly contradicts the verses already offered to you, but soon no one will respond to these ideas as it seems as if you are joking and not at all serious.

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ditto to Icon. Well said.

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    KYRED,
    Your post was the perfect section of scripture to go to.There is nothing else to be added for anyone with eyes to see. I am not sure if he is a new believer, or someone has been misled by some false ideas.Time and the devil will tell.

8. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

your doing the same thing as speculating also--sure you give scriptures,but thats no proof thats its referring to a fallen angel--furthermore just because so called all christians believe it--when Christ came on the scene they too all believed in false traditions and would not accept true teachings--when you do a study on it and the word and where it came from you will see :)

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    HW,

The word does refer to an adversary or opposer.There were human adversaries and opposers.
    That does not mean you can set aside the clear teaching of angelic ministry and fallen angelic opposition:

Your ideas do not account for this.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your premise here:
    "You give scripture but that is no proof."
    You are wrong. That is our proof. The Bible is our final authority in all matters of faith and practice. That is one of the most important of all Baptist distinctives. If you don't believe in that you should not be posting in the Baptist section, but relegate your posts to the non-Baptist section of the board only.

11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This view is definitely....

...in the category of the "world biblical view" and not from the Biblical world view. To claim that we are in a new age, is what Satan wants from those who call themselves believers and the church in general.

If satan can get you to think and believe that he is no longer influencing the world, oppressing individuals and possessing individuals, he has won the spiritual war that Paul speaks about in Ephesians.

I was like you in my earlier days, and because of my blind approach to the spiritual and supernatural war going on in the heavenlies and here on earth, I was easy pickin's for Satan, and I was defintiely not a threat to his influence on the church.

I left myself wide open to being attacked and oppressed, and my ignorance of the power of satan to influence, tempt and lure me into hsi worldly and fleshly snares, I was seriously tripped up, falling ito a deep, dark pit of failed marriage, sexual sin, and a life of lies and deception as I tried to mask my sins and still function in the church.

I was a wreck. In fact the words of Jesus in John 10:6-10 were never more true and evident in my life as during this struggle to get back to where I knew I needed to be, but felt powerless to overcome. Truly Satan had set me in his crosshairs as had nearly completed the tri-fecta. He had stolen the joy of my salvation, killed the faith and hope within me and the peace that only Christ could give, and when I made a serious attempt to blow out my brains, he nearly won the battle in "destroying" me.

However, for the grace of God, the shepherd left the 99, and came and found me. And like the prodigal son, "When I was still a long way off, my father saw me; and with joy within his heart, he ran out, embraced and kissed me!

And when I told him "Father, I’ve sinned against God; I've sinned before you; I don’t deserve to be called your son ever again." And as I looked into his eyes, and it was as if he wasn’t listening. In fact, to my complete surprise he was called to the servants, telling them, "Quick. Bring a clean set of clothes and dress him with my finest robe. Put the family ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Then get a grain-fed heifer and roast it. We’re going to feast! We’re going to have a wonderful time! My son is here—given up for dead and now alive! Given up for lost and now found!" And right before my very eyes, the family and all hour servants began to have a wonderful time. (this was a loose interpretation of the story from Luke 15:20-24)

Your opinion of whether or not Satan is god of this world is clearly yours to make. However, from past experiences and failures, I would have to say to you that I have since learned that he has a lot of power and room to operate here on earth; which is why I am now a believer in ways I wasn't when I first came to Him?

12. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

thats just it DHK all you give is scripture like i do--it doesnt state that Satan was ever a fallen angel from heaven at all--its nowhere in the bible--so if you accuse me of that,then you are also wrong in the same manner as i am :)

13. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

well you have failed to show where angels fell from heaven--pls show me in scipture that actually happened--all that has been done is showing of scriptures with the word Satan in it--not the actual account of an angel falling from heaven literally--pls show me where it is in scripture and ill go back to that belief system i was once there:)

14. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

im sorry but i no longer worship that idol and false god--so called angel fallen from heaven named Satan--i WILL NOT give him glory like most do today--sorry friend,There is NONE but the God of Heaven and NONE else:)

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

:thumbs::thumbs:

16. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

So, if Satan is the god of this earth, then what is God(Elohim/YHWH)? Is He a "co-God" with Satan. God is God of earth, as well as heaven.

17. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think...

....we are going to see this subject ground up worse than ground chuck.

I do believe that God is the God of this world, but Satan has been given dominion [as a ruler] over the earth, and he is doing his best to capture the hearts and minds of as many folks as he can.

Misery loves company, and Satan will have an immense amount of company in hell!

No have at it guys. I have had my say, and I think it is time to sit back and watch the fireworks begin. :)

18. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you got problems with those verses trying to mean what you want them to mean because in the old testament it spoke of being cast down from heaven and cast down to hell or the earth--in the one that was talking about the king of Babylon(Nebby) God took away all of the Glory,honor and such that he gave unto Nebby(cast down from heaven)and gave him Shame,contempt,condemnation before the people of the nations round about(cast down to the earth,hell)all because Nebby stopped giving God glory for what was being accomplised by his hand and started to lift himself up with pride.and there more instances just like that where that language was used--it didnt mean falling from gods abode down to the earthin a literal way--if you study in that youll see it !!!

19. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you still offer no scipture to support a fallen angel from heaven(God's Abode)

and its a surety of what most call demons--you cant even find where the so called angels that fell with Satan is recorded in the bible:)its just not there

20. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    These verses are from the NT.and cause no problem at all to anyone who can read.Jesus is speaking of satan falling from heaven ,John describes it also in the same way descibes it in clear unmistakable language so that someone like you cannot twist and pervert it as you are doing for some bizarre reason.
    it can mean nothing else but exactly what it says, mentioning Satan/Devil, and fallen angels.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

No one will respond any further to your nonsensical posts as they are not at all credible, unless and until you demonstrate you are serious.