1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is the Bible a confusing book?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Guido, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I also read in the past some style guides, from which I obtained the knowledge of clarity and brevity, the rules of which I violate when necessary.

2. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Its a good translation, and you can go to sites such Blue Letter Bible and Bible org!

3. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The KJV has one great strength, one great weakness and one significant "feature".

STRENGTH: KJV uses Elizabethan English which distinguishes between singular and plural and second and third person pronouns. (like the difference between "you" - single person - and "you all" - plural Southern accent ;) . )

WEAKNESS: KJV was created before a lot of manuscripts were discovered, so a few verses are not based on the best "original" manuscript evidence available.

FEATURE: KJV uses archaic grammar and words. This offers precision if you understand it and confusion if you find it hard to read. So this is a "feature" ... one person's weakness and another person's strength.

4. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Would say fine to use it, if one grew up on it and can work around the "archaic language"
    Still would much rather have one update to the Nkjv!