1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the current pandemic a rebuke from the heavenly?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rockytopva, Jul 10, 2020.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day….. 20 The Lord shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me. 22 The Lord shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish. 56 The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter, 57 And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates. 58 If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, The Lord Thy God; 59 Then the Lord will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance. 60 Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee. 61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the Lord bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed. 62 And ye shall be left few in number, whereas ye were as the stars of heaven for multitude; because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the Lord thy God. 63 And it shall come to pass, that as the Lord rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the Lord will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it. 64 And the Lord shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone. 65 And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the Lord shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind: 66 And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life: 67 In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were even! and at even thou shalt say, Would God it were morning! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear, and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see. – Deuteronomy 28

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nah, when God sends a plague, there will be no doubt it came from Him.

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. The United States is not ancient Israel. Christians are not promised earthly prosperity for obedience. We obey to glorify God and point the lost to Him, not to get earthly prosperity.

This new virus is included in the stuff that is the result of Adam sinning in the Garden of Eden.

4. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    56 The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter, 57 And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates. - Deuteronomy 28

My divorced sister, who claims to be a Christian, left her mentally challenged son for me to take care of, had herself fixed where she could not have children, bought a car that she made her son co-sign for, left him with the payments, and then moved far away. I did help the boy get his CDL and he got a job as a truck driver, but he cannot find a house because of his mothers debt. And she finds nothing wrong in what she has done!

#4 rockytopva, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  5. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How has COVID 19 punished her?
    Evil still prospers, it is those that worked hard for little that have suffered the most.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Covid19 is a gentle call by God to repentance and to cease rebellion against Him. May we remind our beloved neighbors that God offers reconciliation to those who will believe.

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all, you have mountains of people who don't believe this is a problem, let alone God having a hand in it. They think the Democrats planned it all to boot Trump out.

Wednesday night in my church, when a man was called on to open in prayer, stood up and said, "....and God, take away this pandemic....this PLANDEMIC......"

I could hardly believe it. I have people on my Facebook page that think it's all a hoax and that no one is really susceptible.

Is this from God? I can't say concretely that God purposely caused this, but I will say that he has allowed it.

Just as he allowed Obama to become president and Trump to become president.

Here's the rub in my own opinion. The church needs to get right with God. FAR too many Christian act just like pagans. And God isn't going to just let that go!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You really should confirm your biblical eschatology before trying to put the pieces together. Get the scripture down first and the see if current events fit into the picture.

9. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The natural man cannot relate to God. He can only relate to his flesh, the world, and Satan. Satan has moved upon the earth with the C19 non lethal flu. The fact that the world believes they are doing right (not just America) even tho the science shows that there is virtually nothing to fear, point to the end of our society as we’ve known it. The USA will cease to be the major world power as the end draws near. Once the rapture takes place Satan will move in more sinister and occultist ways.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Covid...non lethal you say? I couldn't get that......don't know what else you said.

11. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    23 per one million population. It’s not really very deadly is it now.

12. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell that to one of my former students whose father died this morning and to all the families who have lost people.

The death rate may be low but that is not the same as saying the virus is not lethal.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sure, dm the contact info and I’ll send out a little greeting. Why are you so full of hate? Truth is not a left wing virtue. 23 per 1 million. Let that sink in because no one cares about the individual deaths anymore since just like other words such as racism, nazi, have been diluted by foolish arguments you have just succeeded in diminishing the loss of you friend’s grandfather by attaching it to a flu that kills less people than second hand smoke. Great work O

14. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't have a clue what you are trying to say about me here......let's just let it be and understand that we cannot correspond on the BB.

Good day.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Don’t follow the followers

16. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan is not calling the shots, no pun intended. Satan would love to present a cure. Can you find in Scripture where Satan calls the shots to prove Satan can save mankind?

This is from God and life is going to go down hill from here. This life has had 6000 years, and God does claim, "This is the end of sin and death." But all will have to physically die, because that is also God’s Will. The rapture will only happen to those who have "died in Christ". For those who do not accept a rapture in God's timetable, then all will die before it happens.

17. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Since we as Christians are not under the law, then this is not a specific curse for us, who die or suffer from covid -19.
    But this is a judgement from God, God is in control of all things that happen, life, death, health, sickness, success, tragedy.
    If you say it is not something of God, then you dont worship the God of the scriptures, who interacts heavily with his creation, and who upholds all things by the word of His authority.

As an example for Christians, consider when they were at the Lord's supper and behaved in a disrespectfully bad way, Paul says many became sick and some died because they did not respect the Lord and all His people.

27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and [f]blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For he who eats and drinks [g]in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the [h]Lord’s body. (fellow believers, some of whom were poor and being treated badly and shamed )

30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.

If you die of a disease and not a believer, then you are condemned with the world. But if a believer, then it is a chastening for someone who is to inherit eternal life.

Hebrews 12:6
    For whom the Lord loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.”

Believers should pay attention to the scripture, but seems like many are more pagan than christian.

#17 Scott Downey, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  18. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist