1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the day coming?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Don, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6A754720101108

It had occurred to me that a chip in the hand or forehead with the intent of "protecting children from abduction" could be the start of the biblical mark of the beast...but it had never occurred to me that medical uses might justify it as well.

In other words, a chip that tracks your location, reports your health, and allows you to buy/sell....

Not trying to be an alarmist. This is still some years off.

2. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mark of the beast

Similar observations have been made regarding the social security number and the introduction of cyberspace. Big Brother knows where we are--so does Jesus. He said He would never leave us nor forsake us--he is faithful even when we are not.

God's children will not take the mark. See: History of the Evangelical Churches of the Valleys of Piedmont, by S. Morland. Was not the Dark Ages a type of the antichrist controlling the world? What were our spiritual forefathers doing as they watched their babies being dashed, sawn assunder and drowned? They were praising God--even as the adults were martyred as well. Christians(?) killing Christians--recant or die. Jesus told us this was coming.

What else has to happen before Jesus returns? There are still some lost sheep to be gathered to the fold. Remember: "...Go ye, therefore and teach all nations(make disciples)...and lo I am with you always, even to the end of the age" is still in full force?

That last sheep may be called today. Are we ready? Our next heartbeat may never arrive. What then?

"The mystery of iniquity is already at work" was written many generations ago."

Selah,

Bro. James

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure about the company in the OP, but Verichip has already been working on this. It's already been suggested for the elderly and for prisoners, and not only can they have medical info from it, they also want it to serve as a tracking device.

It's supposed to comfort the families of wandering dementia patients. I read a source that said a couple thousand people are already being used as a test group.

4. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I can see uses for this in military applications. Slip a micro-chip into a terrorist and track he or she all over the globe.

Is it the mark of the beast? Who knows?