1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is the land of Israel ‘Holy’?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Getting it Right

Site Supporter

Amen, Trevor. I sincerely appreciate your gentle responses. Don't get dragged in to a war of words.

:wavey:

2. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

Protestant wrote:

The post was directed to the Temple Mount, not the state of Israel. It is a fact that both Jews and Palestinian Arabs consider the Temple Mount ‘holy’.

Re: Israel the ‘Holy Land,’ DHK wrote:
    Is DHK now admitting that the land of Israel is no more ‘holy’ than downtown Toronto?

3. Protestant

Trevor, you strain at a gnat and swallow a camel.
    The 'camel' you swallow is the blasphemous Christadelphian teaching that Jesus Christ is not eternal God incarnate.

You and your sect/cult deny the Lord Jesus, thus you do not believe the Gospel as presented in your citation above.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come on....Israel is full a "holes ":laugh:

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Note: I only kept the part of the quote that had any substance

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I only kept the part of the quote that had any substance.

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I thought this BB was for Christians only! Jehovah's Witnesses and Christadelphian's must be kissin cousins as a minimum!

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ever lived there....not talking bout taking a vacation in the "holy " land...I'm talking interacting with them every day...oye!

9. Protestant

Biblicist has also brought up this valid point....to no avail.

Trevor has been given extensive witness to the truth.

Unfortunately for Trevor, the Lord has not been pleased to open his heart to the truth as He did with Lydia.

Instead, the Lord has hardened his heart as He did with Pharaoh.

All the scriptural + common sense reasoning in the world has made zero impression on him.

I would that Trevor had DHK's gifts of discernment, for DHK was able to attain to saving faith before Holy Spirit regeneration brought him to life.

I, on the other hand, was devoid of the gift of faith, a God-hater, a dead man walking, when God, the God of all grace, filled me with the Holy Ghost, banishing many demonic spirits who had taken up residence in my house of flesh, graciously giving me all gifts necessary to attain unto salvation in the Day of Christ Jesus.

10. TrevorL

TrevorL Member

Greetings again Protestant and OldRegular,

I appreciate your concern for my eternal welfare and your conviction that my heart has been hardened by not responding to “all the scriptural + common sense reasoning in the world”. I have discussed many of the subjects that you refer to elsewhere at length and have learnt some things by this discussion. I have attempted to give a Scriptural answer to anything that has been raised and feel that BB has been tolerant to an expression of a different opinion to that normally accepted here. I am not interested in discussing my belief that Jesus Christ is the Son of God on this thread, but will decide whether to participate if another specific thread on this subject is available.

I am interested in Israel and the Holy Land. I mentioned earlier Ezekiel 38 and you did not really respond to this.
    Ezekiel 38 depicts an invasion of the Land of Israel by a northern confederacy:
    Ezekiel 38:8-12 (KJV): 8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them. 9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee. 10 Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought: 11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates, 12 To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.

But it is the detail of the situation in the land of Israel that shows that the Land had been desolate, and that the Jews has returned in recent days and established themselves as traders and agriculturalists. This accurately depicts the present status of Israel.

The end result of this invasion is that God will intervene and destroy the invading armies:
    Ezekiel 38:16-23 (KJV): 16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes. 17 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them? 18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face. 19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel; 20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground. 21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man’s sword shall be against his brother. 22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. 23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

Israel, who at present dwell in the land in unbelief of Jesus as their Messiah, will be converted and the Temple of Ezekiel 40-48 will be built as the centre of Divine worship for the 1000 years.
    Ezekiel 39:21-29 (KJV): 21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them. 22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
    23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword. 24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them. 25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name; 26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid. 27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies’ lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations; 28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there. 29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Kind regards
    Trevor

#30 TrevorL, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
  11. Protestant

You have learned nothing.

Your Christadelphian cult claims to have the only divine insight into the true interpretation of Scriptures.

Yet you deny Christ, you deny the Holy Spirit and you deny a personal Satan:

Your cult is antichrist and knows not the Father:

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father

Your evil cult convicts the holy God of the Bible of being 'the source of evil' as stated above in your official 'beliefs.'

The voice you hear and follow is that of your master, Satan, the supernatural being who has you enslaved to do his bidding.

12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

My concern is why you are allowed to post on this "Christian" Forum! JW's aren't! Mormons aren't! Muslims aren't! Why you since you deny the Deity of Jesus Christ?

13. Getting it Right

Site Supporter

Even though I do not agree with your interpretation of scripture, Trevor, I do appreciate your posting of Ezekiel 38-39, obviously inspired Scripture.

:godisgood:

14. TrevorL

TrevorL Member

Greetings again Protestant and OldRegular,

Again I repeat that I appreciate your concerns regarding my belief that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I have discussed this subject at length elsewhere. I would like to consider the subject of this thread. Seeing you do not want to consider Ezekiel 38-39 I will briefly like to compare your opening Posts where you claim that the Land of Israel is not holy.with a few details of Ezekiel that I quoted in my previous Post. I can understand why you are trying to avoid the teaching of these Scriptures.

Greetings Getting it Right,
    I appreciate your comment. I believe that all of Scripture is important. I do not know if Ezekiel 38-39 is discussed in Baptist circles. In contrast to Protestant’s OP Ezekiel 38-39 speak of the Land of Israel in the Latter Days in the following terms:
    Ezekiel 38:16-21 (KJV): 16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes. 17 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them? 18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face. 19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel; 20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground. 21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man’s sword shall be against his brother.
    This passage speaks of the latter days, and I believe this relates to the present days and the days soon to occur. This passage then calls the returned Jews as “my people of Israel” and the land that they inhabit as “my land” and “the land of Israel”. Thus a theme that occurs throughout the OT that the Land of Israel is God’s land and that the land is holy is taken up again in the Latter Days because of the events that are soon to transpire there.
    Zechariah 2:12-13 (KJV): 12 And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again. 13 Be silent, O all flesh, before the LORD: for he is raised up out of his holy habitation.

Kind regards
    Trevor

#34 TrevorL, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015