1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the Republican Nomination over?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Mar 20, 2012.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The reason Obama wins reelection lies at your doorstep, because you have let your standards slip so low, you not only accept a liberal, pro abortion cult member as leader of our country, you think there is some virtue in it. Speaking of bigger government, did you ever bother to read about Romney's record in Massachusetts. You would vote for Adolph Hitler if he was running on the Republican ticket. Oh, I hear if you act before Friday, you can get copies of Pearl of Great Price at a 10% discount if you order a dozen of them.

#81 saturneptune, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
  2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Somewhere somehow conservatives became addicted to big authoritarian government. Now they just can't understand why anyone wouldn't be in love with it as much as they.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it's been proven that had Perot not run Bush Sr. would have won. Perot ran because he had a long standing grudge against Bush. Also Perot dropped out of the race in July only to re-enter the race claiming that Bush's campaign had sabotaged his daughter's wedding. Clinton got 44.9 million votes, Bush got 39.1M and Perot 19.7M. I would guess that 2/3's of Perot voters would have gone to Bush. Most of the Western states that Clinton won would have gone to Bush (except Calif.) Bush probably would have carried LA, KY, GA, CT, MI, NJ, without Perot in the race.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm going to vote against obama...you won't vote at all...and I'M the reason Obama will get re-elected. :laugh:

Now THAT'S spoken like true liberal.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Then I suppose you would vote for me for President, since you are voting for one. The good thing about voters in Ohio is that it really does not make any difference how they vote since Obama will get their electoral votes like last time. The intelligent voters of your state made sure of that.

#85 saturneptune, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
  6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Nevermind Bush was the CIA candidate and Clinton was the globalist candidate. The banksters and corporitos would have won either way.

You guys will go way out of your way to ignore the fact that the global elite own all the horses in the race won't ya?

Vote for who ever you like the global elite will win until you guys get it through your heads that the race is fixed before it even starts.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the fix is in as you claim....why are they all spending soooo much money to get elected? Romny has even dipped into his own check book.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

One, if you were on the ticket against Obama, you would get my vote. Two, the rest of your post is unintelligible. I'm sure it has something to do with insulting me and the state I live in, though.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Believe it or not, there is a difference in unintelligible and lack of understanding.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and a lack of understanding usually occurs when something is unintelligible.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there anybody else who would like to answer the OP, before I ask a moderator to close the thread, since it has been hijacked at least twice? You know - three striks and you are out.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I want to apologize for my part in hijacking the thread. I need to remove myself from political discussions surrounding Mitt Romney, as I have no tolerance for those who bash Obama with one breath and turn right around and aid and abet someone to be President who is pro abortion, pro gay rights, and anti Christian. I also have no tolerance for those who flap their mouths about national security being bad under this or that President, or bragging about how patriotic they are, and never served one day in their lives to help this country. That goes for politicians and posters. Serving this country to protect freedom and liberty is not a video game. and waving the flag at a parade and singing God Bless America is not sacrificing for this country. People that talk the loudest did the least, sitting in the comfort of their homes and offices while others actually did something.

Anyway, again, my apologies and no more threads about Mitt Romney for me. Each person has to do what they think best, but nothing is going to change until we start expecting at least a mininal amount of morality and conservative values in our leaders. It really says more about us than Mitt Romney.

#92 saturneptune, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
  13. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

While I did not serve I had a cousin killed in Cambodia, an uncle fought in Korea, my wifes dad a double purple heart vet from Korea, a great uncle fought in WWII, a g-grandfather fought in the spanish american war, a ggg-grandfather in the civil war for the confederacy, a gggg-grand father in the war of 1812, ggggg-grandfather and several uncle types that fought in the revolutionary, they fought so I could have the freedom to speak out for our nation and for their scrifice.

I see that if and that is still and if Rominy and Obama are our two mani candidtaes. They are two peas in a pod that we have to realisitic make a choice for, as no one else will have a realistic choice, and that is a sad commentary. Given that the President is a far left liberal especially fiscally and Rominy is a moderate to left leaning Republican and I use the term Republican lightly in his case what more do we have to choose from? Someone we know because he has proven to be anti-God, Anti-Bible, Anti-prayer and anti-christian and will prosecute a pastor for speking against gay as sinners, or one who at will least acknowledge the right to pray openly, that will not attack our religious freedoms? That is the biggest difference between the two. Sanitorum is still in it and God lifts up and pulls down those who are or leaders , so we must trust Him to lead us in who to vote for and that the leader He gives us will do His purpose.

14. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

When did we ever have a person like this in the White House?

15. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Reagan was real close, fiscal conservative, signed the 1982 declaration making 1983 the year of the Bible. He had some issues as they all do. Carter was a confessed born again Baptist but he didn't know anything about the economy. Washington was a man of prayer and sought God in His decision making.

16. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Granted, however, I believe only Carter talked about his faith.

You mentioned Reagan being close. Is being close to Christianity good enough for you? If so, Romney should do nicely.

17. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Reagan professed his faith many times as did G.W Bush, even President Clinton talked about his faith. Reagan by close I meant he still didn't come close on the abortion issue, yes he was anti-abortion but he didn't speak of it much.

18. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Baptist Presidents:
    Bill Clinton
    Jimmy Carter
    Harry S. Truman
    Warren G. Harding

Not a very good track record for baptist.

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is nothing about Mormonism that is close to Christianity. They are the enemy. However, this is a free country, and I would not want it any other way. Each person votes as they see fit, what they think is best for this country. I have said all I am going to about Mitt Romney.

To Robert Snow, I want to apologize for the rude remark I made to you about your political views. Your vote is just as important as mine. I also apologized to WedDog. LOL, I think the remarks were to two individuals on the opposite side of the political spectrum.

I am still holding out hope that somehow, someway, a nominee other than Romney wins at the convention.

20. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Santorum still has a shot, Texas Primary hasn't occured, I believe California may still not have held theirs, qite a few still to go and 1144 delegates are required to win the nomination.
    Santorum has 273 to Rominey's 568, but lets say Newt and Ron Paul threw theirs to Santorum that would give him 443 and make it very close.

We still have:
    D.C. 17
    md. 37
    Wis. 42
    Conn., 28
    DEL. 17
    N.Y. 94
    PA. 71
    R.I. 16
    IND. 45
    N.C. 55
    W.VA. 29
    Neb. 34
    Ore. 28
    Ark. 36
    KY. 45
    Texas 155
    Cal. 172
    Mont. 25
    N.J. 50
    N.M. 23
    S.D. 28
    Utah 40

1277 Delegates up for grabs. That averages 58 delegates per state although most delegates get assigned to the differnt candidates, not all for the winners. Still a lot of delegates and primaries still to go. Santorum is the only one that can catch Rominy, and just might.