1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Theology Your Idolatry?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think Paul would be extremely surprised at your answer. Of course, there is no way to prove this, but it is my thought.

I have no problem with your definition. Of course, no one has an original manuscript or autographs, so it is a article of faith. Also, though I can agree with you on the originals that does not mean that I agree with your interpretations. We have to work with what we have.

In your opinion are any translations we have now inerrant?

So we disagree. No one has everything right. I disagree with some of your stances/interpretations and you disagree with some of mine. Simply because you disagree with me does not mean you are right. Just because I disagree with some of your interpretations does not mean I am right. Why not accept the idea that both of us are on the journey, seeking truth in God and juste are not at the same place. Maybe someday we may be and maybe we will not ever be at the same place; just at different points on the journey?

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is precisely the problem. Your journey takes you away from an inerrant Word no matter what you say about believing in it. You don't take Paul as inspired as the words of Jesus. So we are not on the same path.