1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IS there an actual "Arminian" Study Bible Out There?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by JesusFan, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yes. Well Bob apologized for that statement in that same thread. He was wrong about that fact as I proved in that very thread.

That you didn't notice that is no surprise. You seem not to even notice that Charles Spurgeon is a CALVINIST!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!:laugh:

That amuses me!

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Three very good reasons to shun this one.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I'll see your :tongue3: and raise you :tongue3::tongue3: and a pffffffttt!!!

4. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Amuses me on this that while I DO agree that bible should be avoided like the Plague, some here would avoid ANy bible done by Cals same way!

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I fold. :laugh:

6. JesusFan

NEVER bet against a "Holy Roller!"

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sigh.

What Dr. Bob apologized for was some exaggeration on his part ("They were 100% Anglican Catholic.").

Believe me I would welcome him dumping his oft-repeated hypothesis/pronouncements involving Anglicans/Calvinists/Baptists and the Geneva/KingJames Bibles.

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

THIS IS A TRUE STORY

In high school, my jr and sr years I took carpentry in the vocational portion of those years. One day, our teacher was talking about the "holy rollers" talkin' in tongues, and rolling in the floor, making fun of them. I went home that afternoon, and told mom about it. BIG MISTAKE. She looked at me, put her hand on her hip(if I remember correctly), started waving her head from side-to-side, and said, "They're not holy rollers, they're Holiness, and I was raised in an Holiness church!!" I could feel myself shrinking all the while. I did not know this, or I would not have shoved my foot in my mouth up to my knee. :laugh:

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I knew you was bluffin'!!! :thumbs::laugh::wavey:

10. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

It is not a question. I have proven it unequivocally.

At least the VAST majority, if not 100%, of the translators were Calvinsts.

Anglicans had adopted the 39 articles which were OVERTLY Calvinistic decades earlier.
    The only other group in the translation committe were Puritans.

EVERYBODY knows that they were staunch Calvinists with few exceptions.

11. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

There is a new, different from the 1990's Wesley study Bible out that is Arminian. Ditto Lutheran ones that are sort of between Cal. and Arm., as is the Ryrie.

New Oxford Annotated and New Interpreter's are not really either Calvinist or Arminian, but give both sides for you to consider.

12. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Out of print but Reflecting God Study Bible (NIV) is available on the used book market at reasonable prices. It is basically the NIV Study Bible with the notes reworked to reflect Wesylan Methodist point of view.

13. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Also clouding the issue is defining Arminian and Calvinist.

My classic and Wesleyan Arminian friends consider all who hold to OSAS as Calvinist.

My five point Calvinist friends hold all who consider limited atonement wrong as Arminian.

What, OP, are you specifically seeking?

14. JesusFan

ones who would deny "only the elect" get saved, that ALL can "freely" choose for Christ!

15. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

Care to restate that? It is (Biblically) impossible for anyone to be saved that was not elect by God (even Arminians believe that). The difference is how the two groups see the basis of election, but neither view would affirm that any 'non-elects' get saved. Additionally, even Calvinists believe that all that choose Christ do so freely.

#35 franklinmonroe, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
  16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? I think some non-Calvinists here think that it is possible that some non-elect individuals can be saved. Chime in non-Cals.

17. JesusFan

wsa saying that cals woyuld see that Election is done By God By His free will choosing,based upon NOTHING that we can do, while Non cals do not see elction of the Individual, but based upon something that we actually do, by placing "our faith" in Jesus to get saved and than elected by God!

18. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

If I understand you correctly, you're still off the mark. Regardless of view, God's election took place in Eternity Past. Election is done; God is not waiting to make any new elections today. According to one view, election may not be actually realized by the individual until after faith has been placed in Christ.

19. JesusFan

God election is based Him making a choice from Eternity past to pick out for His good pleasure a group of people to be saved and glorified, due to the effectual application of the grace of the Cross of Christ towards them!

saved by the Will of God, as He chose us in Christ, and He thus enables us to be able to able to respond by placing faith in Christ, as those whom He enables to do such will be saved by faith being placed in jesus Christ!

whosoever wills can and will get saved by grace of God, its just that its those whom God has willed will do such only!

#39 JesusFan, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
  20. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Uh, no............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.