1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IS there an actual "Arminian" Study Bible Out There?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by JesusFan, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Think that some would hold that we totally determine our eternal destiny, in the sense that God has already done all that he can by having jesus atone for our sins on the Cross, but waits to see if we will apply faith towards Gospel message once we hear it!

2. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Heavily dispensational generally Arminian: Old Scofield, new Scofield, Ryrie.

Not as disyp: current Wesley Study Bible

3. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Scofield and Ryrie strongly supported eternal security, and their study notes reflect this, so they cannot be labeled as Arminian.

But Wesley embraced the Arminian doctrine completely. so, if it's true Arminian doctrine you want, then the Wesley Study Bible is the one.

John

4. seekingthetruth

Originally Posted by Rippon
    "Really? I think some non-Calvinists here think that it is possible that some non-elect individuals can be saved. Chime in non-Cals."
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There are no "non-elect". The vast majority of people are lost not because they are non-elect, but because they have not repented and believed.

The price has already been paid, all they have to do is accept the gift of salvation.

See, here is the difference between Calvinist Christians and Normal Christians, Normal Christians believe that salvation is a gift, and Calvinist Christians believe salvation is a right by birth just for being born as one of the "chosen".

If it is a birthright, then it is not a gift.

John

#44 seekingthetruth, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. JesusFan

Calvinist believe that grace is the gift of God, as salvation is totally the work of the Lord on our behalf to save us...

Basic difference between cals and Non cals is that Cals hold that the biblical position is that all of us are sinners in the image of Adam, and as such, it is impossible for ANY of us to seek out the Lord and be saved, as we are sinful beings that refuse to come to Christ in order to get saved!

While Non cals would hold that we still ahve enough "free will" to make the decision toaccept/reject Christ in and of ourselves...
    We see the fall as destroying Image of God in man, while others see as as being "damaged goods" now!

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many non-Cals would agree with STT on that unbiblical statement?

If there are no non-elect ones --then all would be elect. Hence you would be a Universalist.

Of course there are the non-elect or or usually referenced as the reprobate.

Do you, or do you not believe, that only the elect have their names written in the Lamb's Book of Life? Do you realize that not only Calvinists,but many genuine Christians from an Arminian persuasion are in that famous roll?

7. seekingthetruth

You have twisted my statement in a direction I did not intend when I wrote it.

What I mean is that noone is born as a designated non-elect. We can all join in with the elect if we believe and repent. Yes, there are the reprobate, but where I differ with you is that I believe they remain reprobate by choice, not by election.

John

#47 seekingthetruth, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
  8. JesusFan

We ALL are born though before God as sinners, guilty of partaking in Adam sin against the Will of God, so we are all born "non elect" in the sense that all of us would be hell bound IF God did not chose to elct any of us unto salvation!

9. seekingthetruth

No one is born predestined for hell is what I am saying Einstien.

John

10. JesusFan

We all are born going to hell.... God is NOT direct electing as their, as per a kind of double Predestination, but we all are heading that way unless He directly intervens.... Would prefer newton, as I think he had a better "chance" of being an actual Christian!

11. glazer1972

glazer1972 Member

I had one of those once. I used it to point out what not to believe.

12. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome telemagenta.

Rather strong words for an introductory post.

This is a zombie thread more than a decade old.

Rob

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you reject as part of the Scriptures all of the epistles written by the apostle Paul?

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you call yourself a "Christian", or something else? Obviously, your rejection of any part of the Scriptures, including the writings of Paul and Peter(which were inspired by God the Holy Spirit), will not go over well on this board, and I doubt that the moderators will allow you continue much longer with spreading your false teaching and ideas on this board.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are not preaching the gospel of Christ - that is a certainty. Also, you are lying about the apostle Paul. Do you also reject the book of Acts, which describes God's choosing him in Christ to be an apostle and which describes God using him to carry the gospel of Christ to the Gentiles?

16. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you a member of the New Church?
    Swedenborgian?

Rob

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    More lies spewed by you toward the apostle of Christ, the apostle Paul.

Maybe instead of asking which books of God's Holy Scriptures you reject, it would be easier to ask you these two questions:

1) Which books of the 66 books in the Bible do you accept?

2) Are there any other writings that you consider on a par with the Bible, that you think are inspired by God?

18. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    This zombie thread is way off topic and is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.