1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is There Any Hope For America?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Sep 6, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

In 1952, while I was a young pastoral student at Baptist Bible College in Springfield, Mo., Dr. G.B. Vick asked the students, "What do you hope to
    accomplish with your life?"

The question has preoccupied my thoughts for more than five decades.

About 40 years ago, God spoke to my heart about saving America. At that time, our U.S. Supreme Court - in 1962 and 1963 - had thrown prayer and
    Bible reading out of our public schools. Ten years later (1973), Roe vs. Wade declared open game on our unborn. Today, we have nearly 45 million dead unborn babies as a result of this decision.

And now, America - a nation under God for 200 years - is about to completely abandon the God of our founding. In recent days, our federal courts have legalized sodomy and declared illegal the Ten Commandments.

In the past year, the Boy Scouts have been bitterly disparaged because they uphold time-honored moral traditions, we have seen our Pledge of Allegiance declared unconstitutional, and we have witnessed a major denomination promote a homosexual priest to bishop. (This man, in fact, should have been defrocked when he abandoned his wife and daughters, choosing to shack up
    with his male lover.)

Patrick Buchanan noted, "In the West, the God of Christianity has been superseded by the gods of modernity: money, sex, fame, power. These gods
    give a good life, but they cannot sustain life. As Christianity is a dying faith in every Western nation, every Western nation is dying."

Here are four things that I believe have caused our nation's moral collapse:

(1) SITUATIONAL ETHICS
    American has rejected the biblical absolutes that defined our culture during our founding and for most of our distinguished history. Instead, we live in the ambivalent world of situational ethics, moral indistinctness and ethical
    corruption.

(2) CULTURAL SEDUCTION
    During the recent MTV Video Music Awards, rock icon Madonna kissed on the mouth young singers Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. We are
    witnessing the willful blurring of sexual roles before our eyes. And the target audience is our children.

Kids are being seduced by what they read in school, watch on TV, see at the movies and discover on the Internet. The message is not a new one - whatever feels good is fine.

Sadly, many of our nation's pastors and church leaders are not teaching parents and children of the wrongness of those lifestyles that counter the
    biblical mandate for man-woman marriage relationships. The bottom line is that all sex outside of marriage between a man and woman is forbidden by God.

It's not a culturally popular doctrine, but it is God's doctrine.

(3) CULTURAL ACCOMMODATION
    The Scriptures are being distorted and changed in order to accommodate issues like abortion and homosexuality.

Psalm 139:13-16 tells us, "For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my
    substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them."

There is simply no way to support abortion without contradicting these verses.

Romans 1:26-27 tells us, "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which
    is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet."

There is simply no way to say homosexuality is acceptable without contradicting these verses.

(4) INCLUSIVE SALVATION
    Politically-correct theologians believe all religions are equal to God. They teach that Jesus is not the only way to Heaven. But John 14:6 tells us, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Has America crossed the line of no return?

Some believe so. But I continue to claim II Chronicles 7:14: "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Let us pray and work together to see an unparalleled revival in this great nation.

This is the only hope for America.

SOURCE

2. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

I don't agree with some of the political tactics of this man. But, as I told someone the other day, I wish that I could say that I've done as much for Christ as he has. [​IMG] Good article.

3. Maverick

Maverick Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go Pat Go!!!!

Without a revival I believe that America is doomed. Indeed, even with one after we are Raptured we may be nuked. Rev says that 1/3 of the earth's forest will be destroyed and I read where the US and Canada has 1/3 of the forests os that may be where we are in Revelation and why Tarshish and her young lions can only talk to the Anti-Christ because her two strongest cubs are toasted.

4. Pennsylvania Jim

I thought the article was written by Jerry Falwell...wasn't it?

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

In every case there is always a remnant of God's people. I am sure America is no exception. In Amercica we have some Christians who are very committed and some who are religious and are in it for what is in it for them as if it were some carnival.

I once heard a pastor say, "It's a battlefield not a recreation room."

6. Gunther

Gunther New Member

God is more interested in the hearts of man than he is in political entities.

As long as pastors and "christians" set their eyes on a moral america, america has no hope. I pray pastors get a spine and focus on what we were commanded to focus on.

7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since God is more concerned about individuals and not countries, even the good ole USA, I would say the hope for AmericanS is the same as it always has been..Jesus.

8. I Am Blessed 24

Yes, the article was written by Jerry Falwell.

9. Pennsylvania Jim

Why do you say that? Much of the Old Testament is taken up with God's dealing with political entities, as is much of prophecy. God established government. I can't see where He doesn't take it very seriously.

10. Gunther

Gunther New Member

PJ, I say that because political entities are ordained by him to serve a purpose. However, a country could be extremely moral, and still be full of unregenerate people. God is not pleased as though their morality outweighs their rebellion.

11. rufus

rufus New Member

Therein lies my hopes too. II Chronicles 7:14.

Rufus :(

12. Pennsylvania Jim

And, a country could be filled with Born-again believers who know nothing of the principles of Godly government and turn into a cesspool.

Seems to me that, Biblically, both are important.

13. I Am Blessed 24

PA Jim: This is scary. We agree on something! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Stop the Presses! I agree with him too! Wow! Amazing! [​IMG]

15. Xingyi Warrior

Xingyi Warrior New Member

Congadulations on getting free (of Springfield). Maybe it was easier back in the 50's. I'm trying with all my might to get out of what everyone here refers to as the Great Missouri tar pit, but I'm beginning to lose hope. I graduate with my Master's degree in December so I hope the job market picks up by then. Missouri bites.

16. Pennsylvania Jim

Aw, c'mon, we agree on a lot more than you think! But, how much fun is it to discuss something on which you are in agreement? So, I cut directly to the points of contention. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Walls

Walls New Member

I agree with what was stated. Are we as bad as Sodom and Gomorrah? Oh wait, there are more than 10 righteous people in America!

But, are we repenting and showing God's people the error of their ways? Isa 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

Are we humble and praying? 2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.