1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this good for America

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Salty, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

This is a great Idea. I saw coverage of this on the News earlier this week.
    Elderly people need their independence as long as they are reasonably healthy enough and if assisted care helps the older folks and cuts the cost of Medicaid then I am all for it. I hope this plan works out.

3. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

I say it is definitely worth it. A nursing home should be a last resort and ONLY for those who medically need 24/7 care. Most of the elderly in nursing homes are just not that needy. I have been in nursing home miistry for a few years and it is appalling the lack of compassion displayed by the staff. And it isn't just one home I have visited. It is across the board and spectrum.

Many many elderly who have been shut away in these "nursing homes" by their families have been put there out of convenience and not out of need.
    If the families of America weren't so dad-blamed selfish, we would have a lot less need for 24/7 nursing homes and there would be a greater respect among our youth for the older generation.

But who am I? Just one man among millions who just happens to think we ought to have greater love and respect for our older relatives.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Filipinos, and most Asians, don't throw away their old folks into nursing homes.

They took care of us, their kids. We take care of them.
    If you visit the Philippines, you will see that despite the poverty old folks are taken care of.
    At least, that is still the rule, and not the exception.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

Vermont and New Hampshire have approx the same population, size, location, and natural assets. Compare their economies and taxes taxes and one will see why New Hampshire was chosen for the Free State Project.