1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this over the line?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Molly, Apr 24, 2003.

?
  1. This is clearly over the line!

100.0%
  2. This is fine as long as others are reached for Christ.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

:rolleyes: Why don't you explain it to me, oh spiritual giant?

I agree.

2. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

You don't. Jesus was the one telling the story.

Right but in the story, the rancher, representing God, had two actual, physical sons, as in the physical offspring between a him and his wife.

Come on, guys, this is not rocket science.

3. Baptist Bible Believer

And I notice that you don't have much of a gentle spirit either, do you Mike.

4. Molly

Molly New Member

I agree totally with what you have stated. Good job and very well thought out post!

Molly [​IMG]

5. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

6. Baptist Bible Believer

Thank you, Molly. It was the great post by Y'Israel above that led to the response. Her and Brother Spurgeon! Amen!

7. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

At the moment, I have an impatient one.

You think it's easy dealing with people who are so blinded by their own spiritual egos that they can't see the simplest things?

Anything I say is wrong with you people. I wouldn't mind that so much if you'd just try to see someone else's poitn of view but, no, if somebody thinks differently than you do, there's something wrong with him.

I can guarantee you that I show people who disagree with me a heck of lot more respect than you guys do.

You try coming here and being hammered in every forum you post in for the most trivial, piddling things and tell me what kind of spirit you have.

From day one I've had somebody tell me that I'm not on their level because of something or other completely meaningless.

If you think I don't have a gentle spirit, I think I have a very gentle spirit for the amount of abuse I've taken from you people.

If you think I don't have a gentle spirit, fine. You're right. Everything you don't like is evil. Everybody's going to Hell but you. If you present the gospel and people don't understand what you're saying, that's their problem. Why should you present it in a culturally relevant way? Let them go to Hell rather than ask you to poke your head out of your comfortable litle Christian ghetto, right? [/qb][/QUOTE]

8. Baptist Bible Believer

Hmmm, I'd say your words reveal a great deal more about you than you perhaps wish to be known.

I take it, sir, that you do not hold to any kind of literal interpretation of the Word of GOD. Would I be correct in assuming that you have little regard for the creation passages, Adam and Eve, or the universal flood?

You see, ours is a simple childlike faith whereby we take GOD at His Word. In some of your examples, for instance, the chicken - as a literalist I take the Bible to mean exactly what it means in the literal sense unless the context demands that it be understood in a figurative sense. I believe you used the word anthropomorphism's.

Yes, I believe that my LORD is the LAMB of GOD and the LION of JUDAH. JESUS is both SAVIOUR and JUDGE. John saw different aspects of the same PERSON. In the Gospels JESUS was the One whom he loved, even laying his head upon His breast. In Revelation John saw Him as the white-haired ANCIENT OF DAYS - and it frightened him to the point that he could not even recognize Him. He also saw Him in the form of a LAMB.

Adam saw JESUS in His role as JEHOVAH, Abraham met Him as the ANGEL OF THE LORD.

I met Him as the DOOR of salvation.

You are very defensive about us judging you to hell and not caring for your soul. Irregardless of how you may view me or us, i.e., "you people" - I know that CHRIST see you as one for whom He died a most ignominous death and suffered cruel torments just for the sole purpose of watching you walk away from Him because you would rather cast us as judges instead of witnesses?

Mike, it matters little what you think of us - we will do our best to tell you the truth and share with you our heart. But what, sir, will you do with JESUS?

9. Molly

Molly New Member

Mike,

I want people to know about Chrtist,too...please know that I do...but the purity of the church along with sound doctrine and teaching has to be the concern of some,or things would go down the drain(literally). There are some who care about that...noone is against you,we just care about honoring the Lord by staying true to His word,obeying it,allowing it to do the work and for Christ to grow His church...we can only be obedient to what His word says. We can't make the Word more relevant,it already is relevant and perfect as it is. We just want it proclaimed with all respect,honor,and accurateness.

Please don't see it as *us* against you..try to see what we are saying....

Friends,
    Molly

10. Molly

Molly New Member

Y'Israel is a she????

11. Baptist Bible Believer

Y'Israel is a she???? </font>[/QUOTE]Yes Molly, we know each other from another group.

12. Baptist Bible Believer

Mike writes:

You try coming here and being hammered in every forum you post in for the most trivial, piddling things and tell me what kind of spirit you have.

BBB:

Mike, when I first signed up here in 2002 I was hammered for my faith in the King James Version.

It didn't ruin my faith in a GOD that is able to preserve and Bless His Word or use a particular version to bless the world for over 400 years. I'm happy to keep on using the old KJV and memorizing it word for word.

13. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

[ April 26, 2003, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: Mike McK ]

14. Istherenotacause

Istherenotacause New Member

Well, Mike Mck, I owe you an apology. I never meant to downgrade you in any way. I did mean exactly to relate truth to you to help straighten the twist in your "theology". May I suggest you "shake" off the things that are making you so impatient, take what you callhammering you with a grain of salt, and STOP the insults.

I know the truth hurts, but only because what some one is believing is a lie.

I understand now why you insult some now, it's the repressive attitude venting out the frustration to accepting truth contrary to what you believe. Believe me, I don't have a "hammer" in my hand, this may even seem like I've dropped an anvil instead, I am trying to be nice.

It's not that I don't know what you're saying, it's just that it doesn't line up with the Fundamentals of Scripture. You have too much modernistic theology inside that mind of yours. The term "evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived"should be considered in opposition to modernism. Believe me Mike, it will help the way you look at things of God. It will expose heresy and the apostacy that we have been warned about in the Word of God.

If you can't come to terms with this, I would like to suggest another forum called Compuserve's Christian Fellowship Forum, tell them "Precepts"
    sent you. You'll find much fellowship as long as you agree with the main characters in it. You might even find a few in there that believe the Bible! Let me warn you, they are far from Baptists, except one whose screen name is SLIMartinez, watch out for her, brother, she's as Fundamental as any I see in here and she's got a sweet spirit about her to match.

I've come to appreciate the stand many take in this forum. I hope and pray that you don't find this post as insulting, I don't want you to, I am only trying to help.

If you go to that forum I mentioned, tell them Brother Charlie Dunigan is no longer with us. He left out of here rather suddenly, praising the Lord as he died of a heart attack.

Let me also say this, I don't have any problem with your disagreeing with me, but I will not tolerate your insults, so if you wish to discuss matters, then leave the insults where they belong, in hell!

Brother Ricky

15. Y'Israel

Y'Israel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    thank you Molly...that was a great post...and stated exactly what I was thinking when I read Mikes post...if he is being critized everywhere he posts...then he needs to look inward...to his own heart...examine himself...

I really C. H. Spurgeon...This is an excerpt from one of his sermons...that appies to this fellow Mike...and indeed to all of us...at one time or another...

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? 2 Corinthians 13:5

"And now, my dear friends, the fault of the Corinthians is the fault of the present age. Let not any one of you, as he goeth out of the house of God, say unto his neighbour. "How did you like the preacher? What did you think of the sermon this morning?" Is that the question you should ask as you retire from God's house? Do you come here to judge God's servants? I know it is but a small thing unto us to be judged of man's judgment; for our judgment is of the Lord our God; to our own Master we shall stand or fall. But, O men! ye should ask a question more profitable unto yourselves than this. Ye should say, "Did not such-and-such a speech strike me? Did not that exactly consort with my condition? Was that not a rebuke that I deserve, a word of reproof or of exhortation? Let me take unto myself that which I have heard, and let me not judge the preacher, for he is God's messenger to my soul: I came up here to be judged of God's Word, and not to judge God's Word myself." But since there is in all our hearts a great backwardness to self-examination, I shall lay out myself for a few minutes this morning, earnestly to exhort myself, and all of you, to examine ourselves whether we be in the faith."

there is much more...and I would be glad to post it if any one is interested...

and yes...I am a woman... ;)

Y'Israel...

16. Baptist Bible Believer

and a Suth'ner too!

(I'm an honery suth'ner)

17. Y'Israel

Y'Israel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  18. Baptist Bible Believer

And smiley's too! Y'Israel, you must be about as happy as a hawg in a feed bucket. [​IMG]

I imagine you be using this one for me a lot -

ARE YOU [​IMG]

19. Lace

Lace Guest

:confused:
    I was wondering if I was ever going to get in here! I've been steaming over the thought of my precious Saviour being portrayed as a CLOWN since early last night! :mad:

Yisrael said that borders blasphemy.....NOT! That IS blasphemy! And just where will the line be drawn..........?

I had the luxury of listening to Tony Hutson preach the final message of the Tennessee Temple Bible Conference last night........ [​IMG]

He hit the nail on the head......churches who resort to these WORLDLY tactics to draw crowds and get people in the door........need to be praying down the FIRE OF GOD .....they need to get filled with the Holy Ghost. Man does not build churches......and save people.....God does.

A. W. Tozer was asked how do you get filled with the Holy Ghost.......?

his reply......

"If you want to be filled with the Holy Ghost, present your body as a vessel.

Ask.

Pray.

Call on the Lord.

Spend time alone with God."

Though he was referring to the individual being filled with the Holy Ghost, it stands to reason the same would apply to the church.

The world is slipping into our churches....even the IFB churches....like a silent killer....while people sleep quietly in the pew. [​IMG]

I say YES......STAND UP AND BE COUNTED! [​IMG] Wrong is wrong........

My Jesus is certainly no clown.

20. Lace

Lace Guest

Mike...

I come in peace.

You wrote "If you think I don't have a gentle spirit, fine. You're right. Everything you don't like is evil. Everybody's going to Hell but you. If you present the gospel and people don't understand what you're saying, that's their problem. Why should you present it in a culturally relevant way? Let them go to Hell rather than ask you to poke your head out of your comfortable litle Christian ghetto, right?"

Upon every opportunity I go to Mexico to fellowship with missionary friends and help in whatever small way I can in the minsistry God has entrusted to them.

The most awesome thing becomes apparent when you gather with Brothers and Sisters in Christ even when there are cultural and language barriers....the Spirit of the Holy Ghost is the same everywhere.....the true message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the same to all men....

if we have ears to hear.

God's message never changes.

And it is a message of love.....God's love.

We must meet God on HIS terms.....not ours. God is holy. He wants to transform us....He wants us to willingly conform to the likeness of His Son........

but we must have ears to hear.