1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this Religious Discrimination

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jehovah’s Witness "worship" a false god, and not the God of the Holy Bible. I would be for closing down all of their kingdom halls, so that they can not continue to "worship" the devil!

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    SBG - what are you thinking -
    Evidently you do not believe in the Constitution of the United States

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    My thinking is this, as we can read very clearly in the OT, and there is no evidence that God has changed His mind on this, that, time and again God Commanded all the Kings, that they destroy all of the "high places" of false worship. Are you suggesting that the Lord is wrong here? Christians over the years have become more in tune with the world that we live in, than the Teachings of the Holy Bible. So much so, by pandering to those hate the Lord of the Bible, and Its Teachings, more and more has been given away. Not too long ago here in the UK, almost every school started the day with assembly, which consisted in singing of hymns, prayer and even a short message. This is now almost non extstent! The boy Scouts and Girl Guides were founded on Bible principles, to make godly children. This now also has changed that NO Christian Teching is allowed! I am a very strong believer in the State being run by faithful Christians, and separation is the work of the devil. The extreme wickedness in our world today is the direct result of fools even in the Church, who have given way to godless demands by wicked people. Even so called religious "freedom" now is used to promote every form of wickedness and evil, and muzzle the Teachings of the Bible.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    WELL YOUR THINKING IS WRONG! At lest in the USA

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    SBG is from England. He is not under the protection of the United States Constitution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    yeah, the USA is only one country in this huge world! my thinking is from the Bible

8. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Soooo. For disability accommodations in the workplace, they basically have to be reasonable and not keep the employee from doing their job. Someone with a disability can still be fired or let go if their disability keeps them from doing their job.
    The same should apply to religion--if your religious practices keep you from reasonably doing your job, maybe find another career.

That said, it is pretty reasonable, or so it seems to me, to want to attend religious services and functions. My workplace knows I like to attend church, and they generally try to leave Sunday mornings open for me. There are exceptions, but more often than not I'm able to attend morning services at least.

9. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    many Churches have multiple services on Sundays and a few during the week. For the greater majority they can get to a service. There is no obligation to attend every service there is! We are living in a very much flexiable world with changing work and shopping habits, etc

10. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Given our constant disagreements on the doctrines of grace, I’m glad you don’t have the power to shut anything down. No doubt you would put the “devil worshipping” Calvinists to death.

peace to you

11. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    now you are being silly! :Geek

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since your Baptist church has some beliefs that are incorrect - I will see to it your church is shut down.

13. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    we don't worship the devil! ALL religions in this world are from the devil.

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    touchy - are we!

15. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    na, factual! :Whistling