1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this the end of the USA?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Jan 28, 2021.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Economist Thomas Sowell lists a few things that Biden is planning that probably mean the end of the USA.

1. Iran. Biden says that it is only fair to let Iran develop the atomic bomb. What Biden omits is that their intercontinental ballistic missiles with atomic bombs will be fired at Washington DC.

2. No border control means increased welfare burdens as well as large groups who hate the USA and do not want to assimilate.

3. Reparations. Government is made up of ordinary people, who are also totally depraved like everyone else. Government cannot ever determine equity of outcome and barely can guarantee equality of opportunity.

4. Minimum wage is a weapon of trade unions and it causes unemployment, especially among teenage males.

5. Charter Schools outperform public schools. Teachers and white supremacists want Charter Schools abolished.

2. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    America will not be physically destroyed or damaged by nukes. Primarily, because almost half of the world's self-identifying Jews live in America. God has plans for them. But there are also many other reasons.

From a Christian spiritual perspective, America is already destroyed. There is no evidence whatsoever of the acknowledgement of sin nor any movement towards repentance by American leaders and American institutions. Therefore judgement shall fall upon America. My expectation is that America will be one of the three horns that will fall to the little horn. So some form of Civil war is likely with outside entities joining in the fray. Could easily be that Canada and Mexico join the war once America is significantly weakened. I think Mexico has always lusted for the territories it lost to the US. And now with Biden shutting down the pipeline, he's harming the Canadians.

I don't really believe that the Lord is going to allow significant use of nukes on His earth. He still has His Thousand Years reign to come upon the earth. Doesn't make sense for it to be contaminated with radiation.

#2 xlsdraw, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  3. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iran wants to nuke Israel, not the USA. It is part of the sect of Islam that the Government Leadership belongs to that a war with Israel will usher in the Last Prophet.

Our border is already open. Even building a wall simply changed the method of crossing from swimming a river to using a ladder made of rebar to climb over. I also think that an unsecured border is NOT what the Democrats want, I think they want more immigration. So the flood of refugees will arrive via bus at regular crossing points.

The Government is spending in TRILLION DOLLAR BURSTS every few months. At this point, literally NOTHING they do can be worse than the current policy. We are on the road to follow Greece down the spiral into bankruptcy. Without money this house of cards will be short lived.

Few jobs currently hire at minimum wage as it is, because a minimum wage is not a living wage and will only attract the most transient and unskilled workers. I agree that raising minimum wage hurts teens looking for part time work, but they are already being replaced with technology (self-checkout and ordering kiosks). A low minimum wage benefits large employers by placing downward pressure on starting wages for blue collar jobs and has helped to shrink the "middle class" by growing the two extremes.

The Teachers Union opposes "Charter Schools" that drain the top students from struggling public schools and leave the public schools to teach students with greater needs with fewer resources per student. I am, however, skeptical that Biden is courting the "White Supremacist" vote if they are actually opposed to Charter Schools. I think the question is whether the Government should pay to send children to a private school.

4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for outlining the Democrat response.

On Iran, I agree with Sowell that the intercontinental ballistic missiles are for sending atomic bombs to other continents and are not needed from Teheran to Jerusalem. Previously, Iran said that they want to nuke Paris so it is only logical to assume that they will nuke the USA. Biden should not help Iran to build nuclear weapons.

On the border, AMLO sent 27,000 troops to help seal the border to control the cartels. The wall makes the border much easier to patrol and helps Mexico in their war against the cartels. Biden wants to bring in another ten million people during a recession.

On reparations, I infer that you are saying that we are spending so much already that we need to pay reparations also. Biden errs in thinking that he can control the outcome when he cannot assure the opportunity. We are already watching blacks demand segregation and Rick Warren and others in the SBC are calling for segregation in church services. Harris should begin by make a list of her family’s slaves in Jamaica.

Minimum wage jobs are mostly for high school kids. There is no doubt that raising the minimum wage throws people out of work. The minimum wage is a weapon of organized labor, especially trade unions. It doesn’t really raise their wages and probably cuts down on the number of union jobs because with so many people being thrown out of work demand for union manufactured products decreases.

Charter Schools do not take the top students. Sowell points out that in NYC one group of Charter Schools is made up of blacks and hispanics. Also, top students do deserve to get a better education that public schools offer. You would not want your little dog in the Indianapolis schools nor in the public schools of any big city.

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Germany killed many Jews and Russia, too. Even FDR turned away a ship of Jewish refugees so America is not so good on that issue. Also, we know from Japan that there is recovery from nuclear attack so maybe God will allow America to be attacked by Iran. I don’t see that Biden is correct that he should allow Iran to have nuclear weapons. Biden probably intends to fight Israel as Obama did if Israel attacks Iran.

6. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    You missed the point. It will not be "ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION" if you change the policy to an open door at the southern border. They will arrive legally by bus through the gates like anyone else. Extra patrols will make no difference then.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He missed single biggest issue, that of wholesale turning away from the Lord and His ways now!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    They would do better to just ship it in a container to a seaport.

Iran getting Nukes is very bad, but we are not their primary target.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And we will then allow all of the terrorists and gangs legally now in!

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could be God Himself accelerating the time schedule for end times events!

11. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have said this twice. Could you explain this diabolical weapon of trade union that keeps teens unemployed and puts trade workers out of work? At least most Conspiracy Theories pretend that SOMEBODY is benefiting from the evil plot ... this is more like a secret society of assassins that train to use suicide bombs to kill their contracted targets.

12. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only if they are not White Males and agree to vote Democrat. :)

13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I see what you are saying. Actually, I think that Sowell just said no border control. If Biden is just going to kick in the front door, that is the same as no border control. We already have tens of millions of non-citizens.

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would mean Dems will be in office forever more!

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iran has said Jerusalem and then Paris but they are developing missiles that can go thousands of miles which puts us in range and we are the Great Satan. They have been our enemies since Carter.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They bomb Israel, and then we see Magog and Gog played out!

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Watch the video. Sowell explains it better—I am just outlining his video. My personal opinion is that labor has a lot of crackpot ideas in their headquarters offices. For example, the Reuther brothers who ran the UAW were admirers of the Soviet Union. So I suppose the trade unions think that they can raise their wages by raising by government force the wages of unskilled labor.

Labor went crazy with strikes after WW II. They have a lot if hooligans in their ranks. Truman tried to talk them into discipling their rank and file and repealing Taft-Hartley but they refused. Labor is now declining and their share if the GNP has declined the last 75 years.

Biden is indifferent to the fact that right after the war so many teenagers had jobs but now they are few and far between. Actually, it was difficult to find a job in high school in small town Indiana during the 50s.

All economic studies agree that raising the minimum wage merely abolishes jobs.

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sowell is now 90 years old. He served in the marines. I have never heard him discuss religion. He stood up to Biden’s lies about Bork.

If Biden gives Iran the bomb, Iran will use it. Biden will move to abolish border controls, pay reparations, raise minimum wage to $15, and abolish Charter Schools that help blacks and hispanics educate their children above white levels in the public schools.

There is a point of no return.

19. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are already in :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be the point of no return. Obama promised to attack Israel if Israel tried to attack Iran.

Jerusalem will be a cup of trembling for the USA just as it was for the British. Kerry is already calling for a Palestinian state although several Arab nations are already in a military alliance with Israel to defeat Iran.

Zechariah 12:2-3