1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is This True of Other Countries?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SavedByGrace, Jan 18, 2022.

1. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not another country, but here is some info from Governor Hutchinson earlier this month in Arkansas:

"About 30% of the COVID-related hospitalizations in Arkansas Jan. 4 involved patients who had checked into the hospital for other reasons and incidentally tested positive for the disease, Gov. Asa Hutchinson said in a press conference otherwise filled with ominous numbers Tuesday (Jan. 11).

A one-day survey was conducted on Jan. 4 at Hutchinson’s request. The governor said hospitals must take precautions once they discover a patient has been infected with the virus, regardless of the symptoms they display.
    [​IMG]
    “It is appropriate to count that, but it’s also important for everyone to understand that distinction,” he said."

Governor: Numbers spike; 30% of COVID hospitalizations incidentally found Jan. 4 - Talk Business & Politics

3. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    it is another country, as I am in the UK and Arkansas is in the US. There must be other states with the same issue

• Like Like x 1
  4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cool. Are you a soccer fan? I attended an FC Dallas match back in 2014, and the person sitting next to me was from England, visiting the U.S. on holiday. We had a great conversation before and during the match that night.

#4 KenH, Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  5. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never have been, used to enjoy cricket in my younger days, but have lost interest