1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is to be Cleansed or Free From All Sin, Sin?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Apr 24, 2012.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It's a maturing process. I believe at sometime in our infancy in Christ we all have been guilty of looking down our noses at other professing Christians and saying or believing in our hearts that because of some sin we see another doing that they certainly cannot truly be saved.

True humility cannot come to a Christian until they fully grasp the meaning of grace through faith and this not of yourselves when it comes to salvation.

One's salvation does not rest upon sin, the wages of sin has been paid for. What remains is faith. Faith alone in Jesus Christ will be the determining factor as to whether a person is received by God into heaven or whether that person is banished to hell. All have sinned and all will continue to have sin until they take off this body of death.

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Pro 14:32 The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.
    Pro 14:33 Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: but that which is in the midst of fools is made known.
    Pro 14:34 Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

HP: Did we read this passage carefully? Sin is a reproach to ANY people, whether they are professors of religion , whether they claim to be saved or say they are humble by admitting to sinning everyday. Sin is a reproach, NOT a badge of humility.

God does not need our 'self-gratifying notions of humility while we walk in disobedience to Him as testified to by sinning everyday. God desires our obedience. If He has our obedience, our humility is evident by our obedience, not apart from it. If He does not have our obedience, we are proud and are reproach to God and His Church.

Psa 119:21 Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments.

Notice it is those that do err from God's commandments that are proud, NOT those that are walking in obedience to them.

You say you desire to walk in humility before God? Walking in daily obedience is the only manner in which that will ever happen.

#42 Heavenly Pilgrim, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
  3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Let me remind those reading that I am NOT simply preaching to others on this list, but to myself as well. If I cannot find a place where the truth is preached, I will preach to myself to encourage myself and others to walk in obedience.

By the way Moriah, I am indeed edified by your preaching and comments as well. Your posts encourage me to walk in holiness, i.e., the 'only' highway to heaven by the way. :thumbs:

What was that old hymn called? I remember it as the "Highway to Heaven."

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZMwVj4cVyw

It must be entitled, " Walking up the Kings Highway." Here is a link to at least some of the great lyrics of that song. Listen carefully to the lyrics as to who gets there.....especially the ones about the 'pure' in heart.

Enjoy as we praise the Lord together!!

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

Go ahead and sin as you shout and sing this wonderful song, you that cannot help but sin everyday. Just try it. See how compatible sin is with praise towards our Loving Holy God! Play it again!

#45 Heavenly Pilgrim, Apr 27, 2012
  6. Heavenly Pilgrim

If you still feel like sinning when your done.....PLAY IT AGAIN!!

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When did you and Moriah enter into sinless perfection?

have you found that you no longer sin before God?

8. Heavenly Pilgrim

Psa 24:3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
    Psa 24:4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
    Psa 24:5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
    Psa 24:6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.

Somebody shout "Praise the Lord!"

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

Moriah, there is one thing no one can stop, that is our Praise to The Most High God! Praise ye the Lord!

10. Heavenly Pilgrim

In case anyone is in doubt, I am having Church! Something we can do anywhere, even right here at home!:godisgood:

11. Heavenly Pilgrim

12. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: I thought you would never ask.:thumbs:

I cannot speak for Moriah, but as for me,........ well, it was on about the second verse or so of "There's a Highway to Heaven" when the Lord came down and blessed my soul! He is Sinless Perfection! If we are 'in Him', and we have died but Christ liveth through us, _____________________ I will let you fill in your own answer.:wavey:
    :godisgood:

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    so you believe that you have attained a state here while alive on earth NONE but Christ jesus ever did/has?

14. 12strings

12strings Active Member

FYI, the word church means "assembly" so unless someone else is there with you, you aren't having church... You might be worshiping God, but not having church.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess that is THE trick to attaining a state of sinless perfection, stay away from everyone else!

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Sinless! HA!
    Like John Newton said, You are just a "wretch," maybe a saved wretch, but a wretch nevertheless, and a very sinful one at that. Your post is a lie.

Sinless, no man is sinless! You deny, even pervert the Scriptures themselves. You sit there behind your keyboard and dare to suggest that the Apostle John wrote in vain!

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Did you cut this verse out of your Bible since you have no sins to confess? Note John uses the first person plural, "we," including himself. You say you are a better person than John.

In chapter two he writes to some of the believers and tells them plainly that "the love the Father is not in them." How do you know this is not true of you also? By what standard do you measure yourself by?

When you stand before God and he will ask you: "Why should I let you into my heaven, what will you answer?"

Are you as holy as God is holy? Are you not the one that brought that up at one time? The holiness of God. It is not progressive is it? Are you as holy as God? Yes or not? What guarantee do you have from God Himself that He will allow you to enter into heaven?
    What if (God forbid), that you (like David did), should fall into the sin of adultery, and die of a sudden heart attack without having the chance to repent of your sin? What would happen to you in eternity?

17. Heavenly Pilgrim

Rom 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
    Rom 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
    Rom 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
    Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The question is, has one been set free from sin, or is it ones testimony that they are guilty of sinning everyday? Is the fruit of ones life holiness unto the Lord, or sin unto death? If that is ones testimony, that they still sin everyday, what are the wages of such sinful actions according to Scripture?

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

#57 Heavenly Pilgrim, Apr 27, 2012
  18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Rom 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. [/quote]
    Don't lie. You cannot keep this command; do not keep this command. It is impossible for you to keep this command in its entirety for all your life, let alone for just one day. Do you completely yield every member of your body, including your mind, to righteousness 24 hours a day, so that everything you so and say is 100% holy. You can't even do that for one day, much less your entire Christian life time.

And as usual it was a good attempt at evading my post; try answering it more directly.

19. Heavenly Pilgrim

God says that we, apart from Him, can do nothing. BUT with Him, we can do ALL things!

I choose to believe God, no matter what mere men say. I believe the testimony of the apostle Paul can be ours by faith. He said, "I can do all things THROUGH CHRIST which strengtheneth me." "It is no longer I that liveth, but Christ that liveth in me."

20. Moriah

Moriah New Member