1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is your leather from China?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Rolfe, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is your leather from China? It might be made of dog or cat skin

When American consumers shop for leather goods, it probably doesn’t enter their minds that their new belts, bags or shoes could be made not from cows or pigs but from cats and dogs. But not only is it a possibility, it’s hard for consumers to know what they have been sold.

Almost all that dog or cat leather comes from China. Now changes in Chinese culture, more pressure from the US and an upcoming trade agreement are combining to undermine this contraband trade.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jul/31/dog-cat-leather-china-us-congress-trade-peta

2. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol. I would guess it's probably not as strong as cowhide, goatskin, or pig skin. But to be honest this doesn't bother me. The animals are for our use.

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our son/daughter-in-law were coming to visit. We have a tiny house so picked up a Walmart futon for them to sleep on. She has asthma and is allergic to cats. Immediately upon arrival she started having troubles. She went upstairs to lay down on our bed awhile and got better. Over two days we noted when downstairs she got bad and when upstairs she got much better. Ultimately I wondered about the futon. We moved it to the garage and the rest of the stay she was great :)

Don't know what part of cat was in the futon but certainly something :) Made in China of course.