1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Islam poses a threat to the West, say 53pc in poll

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/08/25/nislam25.xml

We should learn from history.:thumbs:

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

How can anyone expect that islam is not a threat?

It has been a threat to people every where it has ever gone . . . until the became muslim.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

When has the US ever not been multicultural?

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Having a large immigration hasnt, but until recently, blurred the lines of one identitity in America.

And it is not necessary to have so many identities to allow differnet cultures exist. And as has been proven in the EU it is harmful to a nation, multiple identities.

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Do you think the South's secession blurred it a bit?

I don't know what this sentence wants to say - could you please rephrase it?

Switzerland seems to do ok. Do you think allowing our multiple, individual States to have their own identites is harming our nation or can we make do with Yankees, cowboys, Native Americans, Valley Girls, survivalists, the Amish and Mennonites, Hollywood, the Satmarer & Lubavitcher hasidim, middle America & the Left Coast, etc.?

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was unclear. Let me revise what I intended to say.

While there are many differnces in this country ie religion etc there are some things that must be common.

We must all follow the same laws. We must all speak the same language. We must all have allegiance to America. We cannot have a united country without these.

8. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Why must we all speak the same language now? Switzerland has had three national languages for 500 years and it doesn't seem to harm their national identity that I've heard.

I agree with laws and allegiance.

Do you think people who are citizens of another country should not be able to keep their US citizenship? My brother, who was born in Canada to Amerian parents, had dual citizenship for a long time. I believe many Israelis do as well.

#8 Daisy, Sep 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2006
  9. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Switzerland has been able to live free from the threat of enemy invasion for centuries - because they killed the foreigners . . .

Great example. . .

10. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Nope - citizens of other countries should not have American citizenship . . .

If they are not loyal to this country - they should be sent back home.

11. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Dual citizenship equals dual loyalties. An Indian I worked with would not apply for American citizenship until he was assured he could retain his Indian citizenship -- his prime loyalty remains with India.

As for diversity vs. multiculturalism, no need to list the numerous websites showing Islamist Fundamentalists working toward the destruction of the USA.

It is reprehensible to state that all Muslims are working toward the destructions of the USA.

But -- there is a greater danger to our nation to ignore facts that some are. We need not fear, but we do need to be aware and work against them. To do otherwise would jepordize the very diversity America supports.

#11 Not_hard_to_find, Sep 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2006
  12. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

We should work at removing the threat.

And if they have dual citizenship - send them home . . .