1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Israels Blindness & Isaiah ch 6

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Scott_Bushey, Nov 22, 2002.

1. JMF

JMF New Member

{} added by JMF

Genesis 13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

Genesis 18:26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.

Exodus 18:23 If thou shalt do this thing, and God command thee so, then thou shalt be able to endure, and all this people shall also go to their place in peace.

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

Exodus 40:37 But if the cloud were not taken up, then they journeyed not till the day that it was taken up.

Is it just my speculation that the "if" here had to be true for the "then" to be true.

Leviticus 12:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean.

Leviticus 15:16 And if any man's seed of copulation go out from him, then he shall wash all his flesh in water, and be unclean until the even.

Leviticus 26:18 And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.

Deuteronomy 19:9 If thou shalt keep all these commandments to do them, which I command thee this day, to love the LORD thy God, and to walk ever in his ways; then shalt thou add three cities more for thee, beside these three:

Joshua 24:20 If ye forsake the LORD, and serve strange gods, then he will turn and do you hurt, and consume you, after that he hath done you good.

1 Samuel 7:3 And Samuel spake unto all the house of Israel, saying, If ye do return unto the LORD with all your hearts, then put away the strange gods and Ashtaroth from among you, and prepare your hearts unto the LORD, and serve him only: and he will deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines.

1 Samuel 12:14 If ye will fear the LORD, and serve him, and obey his voice, and not rebel against the commandment of the LORD, then shall both ye and also the king that reigneth over you continue following the LORD your God:

1 Samuel 12:15 But if ye will not obey the voice of the LORD, but rebel against the commandment of the LORD, then shall the hand of the LORD be against you, as it was against your fathers.

1 Kings 3:14 And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.

Jeremiah 4:1 If thou wilt return, O Israel, saith the LORD, return unto me: and if thou wilt put away thine abominations out of my sight, then shalt thou not remove.

Jeremiah 18:10 If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

Matthew 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

1 Corinthians 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

Galatians 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Hebrews 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

I see your point

I don't deny God blinded His people after they rejected Him; they chose to be blinded.

John 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, {then}ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

You also forgot a minor detail, but don't worry I'll add it back here for you:

Hebrews 10:26-29 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth,{then} there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified {- hagiazo
    to make holy, i.e. (ceremonially)purify or consecrate; (mentally) to venerate:--hallow, be holy, sanctify}

, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

I wonder if you will tell me that this "he was sanctified" is one of the elect?

I say this lost man was sanctified. God bought the lost man, the lost man has/had his name in the book of life at one time, Jesus was the light that enlightens or has enlightened every man.If you are interested in what this word "every" means in the greek, then I'll tell you it means "every".

[ November 25, 2002, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: JMF ]