1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Israel's Situation

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by xlsdraw, May 12, 2021.

1. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Share the context around those verses as I don't think you are actually looking at the whole text.

Isaiah 66:15-24 does not support your assertion.

“For behold, the Lord will come in fire, and his chariots like the whirlwind, to render his anger in fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. For by fire will the Lord enter into judgment, and by his sword, with all flesh; and those slain by the Lord shall be many. “Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go into the gardens, following one in the midst, eating pig’s flesh and the abomination and mice, shall come to an end together, declares the Lord. “For I know their works and their thoughts, and the time is coming to gather all nations and tongues. And they shall come and shall see my glory, and I will set a sign among them. And from them I will send survivors to the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, who draw the bow, to Tubal and Javan, to the coastlands far away, that have not heard my fame or seen my glory. And they shall declare my glory among the nations. And they shall bring all your brothers from all the nations as an offering to the Lord, on horses and in chariots and in litters and on mules and on dromedaries, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, says the Lord, just as the Israelites bring their grain offering in a clean vessel to the house of the Lord. And some of them also I will take for priests and for Levites, says the Lord. “For as the new heavens and the new earth that I make shall remain before me, says the Lord, so shall your offspring and your name remain. From new moon to new moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before me, declares the Lord. “And they shall go out and look on the dead bodies of the men who have rebelled against me. For their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.”

Hebrews 4:1-13

Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it. For good news came to us just as to them, but the message they heard did not benefit them, because they were not united by faith with those who listened. For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said, “As I swore in my wrath, ‘They shall not enter my rest,’” although his works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he has somewhere spoken of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all his works.” And again in this passage he said, “They shall not enter my rest.” Since therefore it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly received the good news failed to enter because of disobedience, again he appoints a certain day, “Today,” saying through David so long afterward, in the words already quoted, “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.” For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken of another day later on. So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God’s rest has also rested from his works as God did from his. Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience. For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

The context does not support you Konstantin.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that the NC Promised to Israel proper will be fully fulfilled to them at the Second Coming!

3. Konstantin

Konstantin Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sectarians just don't know how to think.

4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Israel is sitting pretty. They have more Islamic support now than Iran has. Their Islamic allies see right through this as Iranian terrorism. Israel keeps most it's bombers in Saudi Arabia now. Ready for that joint strike on Iran.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    they wouldn’t be raging if Lyon Biden hadn’t restored their aid Hamas uses for terrorist acts.

6. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is fulfilled to every child of the promise, both Jew and Greek, slave and free, male and female. The writer to the Hebrews clarifies who Judah and Israel are in chapter 9. Also, Paul clarifies this in Galatians and Romans.
    I lived in dispensationalism most of my life so I get the difficulty in letting go of such a teaching about Israel, but as I read scripture, I simply cannot live with the massive hoop jumping needed by dispensationalism in order to make the Bible reconcile with their theories.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    So is Judaism. Both point away from Christ Jesus.

8. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    This tells me you have no biblical support and thus abuse God's word in order to use it as a godless prooftext.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Islam does not point to Jesus. Islam blasphemes Jesus by denying His Deity. Judaism dies the same, but does point to him.

10. Konstantin

Konstantin Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm not interested in what any sectarian thinks of me.

11. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most biblically unsound person's don't care what others think of their false doctrine. They just continue abusing the Bible for their own interests.

12. Konstantin

Konstantin Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sectarians are also always slanderers.

13. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, you have spent many posts slandering me and labeling me a "sectarian" so that you don't have to face your false teaching.
    Scripture is clear and shows your error, yet you ignore scripture. That is on you.

14. Konstantin

Konstantin Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sectarians, having slandered, claim to be doing the will of God. In doing so, they refer to Scripture. These are worthy followers of the Jesuits.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not a Dispy, but even some Covenant theology holds that the jewish people may still have a plan to yet be fulfilled at time of the Second Coming, as Spurgeon and I both hold to a premil form of CT!

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The OT scriptures werefrom Yahweh, and the majority of the Jews have been blinded to the Messiah Yeshua until now!

17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yawn...
    It is apparent you are not following orthodox Christian beliefs. Whatever it is that you believe, it is closer to those of the Jehovah's Witnesses and other cult followings.

18. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    The OT scripture tells Israel that their salvation came through faith in the promised one, not through obedience to the law. The law has always killed when it has been broken, which is why the Sinai Covenant could never save and why the Abrahamic Covenant always points to faith in the Redeemer as the means of salvation. Justification by faith.

19. Konstantin

Konstantin Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Pockmarked sleep

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is why there was always in israel the spiritual Jews, saved under the NC, and the physical ones, who were under the Mosaic law provisions!