1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It is tough being a Republican this go around

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Aug 31, 2008.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If someone deserves a whipping then that someone must have transgressed God's word. Otherwise they are innocent and do not deserve a whipping. The onus is not on me, it is on the accuser.

:jesus:

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Pubs have done great damage to our nation domestically by not dealing with problems such as health care and infrastructure and stained our reputation internationally. Remember, for several years the Pubs controlled both the White House and both houses of Congress.

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Empty words. No facts. Mere opinion. I think you like to believe these things Ken, but you wouldn't want to take the time to research an issue and give unopinionated evidence that the "Pubs" are the cause of all of America's problems.

I can thank God for GW Bush appointing a couple of pro-life Justices. This alone shows a Christian heart and take note those who opposed these Justices. How a person calling themselves Christian can oppose another person for being pro-life is beyond me. Argue all you want about the "how to's" but to argue against the word of God itself is un-Christlike.

Actually Ken, you probably don't have anything you can present as having done "great damage".

Make a list of all the issues and you will find that the only issue which is divided from a biblical perspective is abortion.

Take the poor. Both partys want to help the poor. The issue is the "how to".

Take the issue of war. Both partys wants to avoid war AND both partys pledge to use war as well. The issue is the "how and when".

Take health care. Both partys wants health care to increase for everyone. The issue is the "how to".

I cannot say that the democrats are against the poor, the need for health care or the need for war. Both partys are in agreement that these are needs. They are not in agreement with the "how to" accomplish meeting these needs.

But then there is abortion. The democrats take an ungodly position on this issue and many Christians support them regardless of this horrific lack of judgment.

So biblically I as a Christian must eliminate any candidate who flat out goes against God's word.

:jesus:

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible does not speak to abortion. There is only one verse that can be stretched to try to have it mean abortion, and it sides with the mother.

Other issues the Bush admin. is guilty of violating Biblical treachings on:

1. Cutting funds to food banks. [I was hungry and ye fed me.]
    2. Supporting the death penality. [Thou shalt not kill.]
    3. Beginning a totally unjust war. [Thou shalt not kill.]
    4. Not being completely truthful with intelligence information. [Thou shalt not bear false witness.]

Just four I though of quickly. I am sure with thought there are more.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

In this passage the master says you think your righteous because you tithe but what about the rest of the law? Christians easily become guilty of viewing life via a telescope of judgment and see anything that is not in the lens to be wrong. My response has to do with statements like, "Any democrat will have to answer to God personally for their self centered motivations..."

Mt 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Again, you see only one thing, murder. I am saying God's word covers far more than murder. I can stop with just Mt 25 and say these are they that fed the hungry, clothed the naked, gave water to the thirsty. Is that the spirit of the less government party?

Are you seriously saying murder is the only transgression our government has made? I don't think you thought that one out before you posted it. Don't make me post a Rev Wright sermon, he will put you strait on this... :laugh: :laugh: :wavey:

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What did those two appointments do for babies being aborted?

No one is opposing anyone for being pro-life, I believe you should be just as passionate regarding the whole counsel of God which covers more than just abortion. So you are really the ones arguing against God's word when you can only feel passionate about one transgression and not all transgression.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    With all due respect, this is the dumbest defense ever spoken for a Christian's attempt to justify themselves for not caring about abortion.

"abortion" is the killing of a human life. Now take another look in the bible and see if it is in there. Really!

1. Please give documentation, Other wise it is just an opinion.

2. The commandment is for "murder" which is the shedding of innocent blood such as babies in the womb. The death penalty was imposed by God for the "guilty".

3. Opinion

4. Opinion

Do you have anything with some evidence?

:godisgood:

9. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lying:

1. the telling of lies; untruthfulness.
    –adjective 2. telling or containing lies; deliberately untruthful; mendacious; false: a lying report.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1175–1225; ME; see lie1, -ing1, -ing2]

—Related forms
    ly·ing·ly, adverb

—Synonyms 1. falsehood, falsity, mendacity, prevarication. 2. deceptive, misleading, fallacious; sham, counterfeit.
    —Antonyms 1. truth. 2. true, candid.

Bush mislead the nation by selectively using intelligence. That is lying.

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Only time will tell. The point is it was a righteous act.

Did you watch the congress drill these men's positions on pro-life?? They couldn't find any faults with them but they seen pro-life as a fault!

I am. Give me the positions candidates have taken which are against God's word and I will speak up.

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Congress made their decision based on the facts presented to them, which btw was not resourced from Bush. Bush did not fool anyone. Congress read the same reports Bush did. You are caught up in this talking point that has no truth in it.

12. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Bush Lied!!!

#32 JerryL, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Yes, but your statement was, "How a person calling themselves Christian can oppose another person for being pro-life is beyond me. Argue all you want about the "how to's" but to argue against the word of God itself is un-Christlike."

I don't think all of congress claims to be Christian. Even so, the democratic party is not giving abortions or encouraging the act. They believe America is the land of the free where people are allowed to make choices. If we start defining what everyone can and can't do with laws them we'll no longer be the land of the free.

Secondly, a low against abortion would never stop abortions any more than prohibition stopped drinking. What we'd then see is unsafe. back ally abortions killing both the mother and the child. Now I know you don't care about the mother but consider what you wrote about murder.

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Joe Smith says that George Washington was not a General, Joe has told a lie.

Assuming I believed Joe, than went to Jane and said that George was not a general, I did NOT lie, since I was not being deliberately untruthful, as I was only repeating a lie.

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Bush Lied!!![/QUOTE]

The problem is lying is expected of politicians. I haven't seen any live up to every promise in their campaign. Then how about the, "read my lips, no new taxes"...

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Withholding facts is the same as lying...

17. JerryL

JerryL New Member

He knew there was no threat in Iraq and went in anyway. They concluded he knew the facts or withheld and misrepresented them. That's a lie.

#37 JerryL, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  18. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Bush has single- handedly made me ashamed to be a Republican.

19. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

20. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

But before you went to Jane you should have checked with George yourself, because you didn't, aren't you guilty of gossip?