1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It Matters

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by KenH, Mar 31, 2024.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    IT MATTERS

The lie of modern religion is that Christ died for everyone, wants everyone to be saved, and his death gives them that opportunity IF they will only meet a few conditions. It is said that God has done his part, Christ has done his part, and now you must do your part. There is never any clear definitive answer concerning what the death of Christ actually accomplished. A savior that wants to save everyone, but can save no one until and unless they let him is a poor, damnable counterfeit of the Christ of scripture.

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

The scripture is not ambiguous on this point. He SHALL SAVE HIS PEOPLE from their sins. His death actually accomplished redemption for every soul he represented. He, as the God-Man Mediator, did what no man could ever do, perfectly and eternally. He fully satisfied every jot and tittle of God's law and justice in the place of every soul he represented, so that any condemnation of them would be a condemnation of Christ himself. He established a righteousness through his obedience unto death that is charged, or imputed, to every soul he represented and the totality of their sins were imputed to him and he bore their sins through his death on the cross.

He, as God in the flesh, actually purchased salvation for his bride BY HIMSELF, free from any conditions to be later met by any man. He wrought perfect satisfaction to God's justice, unspotted by the works of the flesh.

What condition did the Apostle Paul meet on the Damascus road in order to be saved? NONE WHATSOEVER! Paul was chosen of God in eternity to be a vessel to bear God's gospel of redemption in Christ alone to the nations.

Acts of the Apostles 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel.

To believe that you must add YOUR faith, repentance, pattern prayer, or anything else to Christ in order to equal salvation is seeking to embellish that which is eternally perfect through the works of the flesh. Faith, as well as repentance, are gifts and never proceed from the flesh, but are the fruit and effect of the grace of God in his calling of sinners unto himself.

These things matter, for God's gospel is the power of God unto salvation. He never saves through lies, or well intentioned half-truths. The child of God is clothed in, so therefore rests in, a righteousness that he could never produce through the works of the flesh. It is the very righteousness of God in Christ and this righteousness and those that are his redeemed are therefore well pleasing to God, in Christ.

Concerning salvation, "IT IS FINISHED" by Christ and Christ alone!

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

- by Kenny Dyess, via his Facebook page

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are "lies" on both sides.

Did Jesus die to save only His people? Yes.
    Jesus died to save all who believe.

But was Jesus' death for all men?

Again, yes. All men are raised because of Jesus work (all hear His voice and are raised.....some to everlasting life and others to everlasting condemnation).

I, like the writer quoted in the OP, tire of half truths designed by applying ideas to Scripture.

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please show me from scripture that “all hear His voice….”

Jesus is very clear in John 10 when He said that His sheep hear His voice and follow Him. He differentiates between His sheep and the other sheep.

How does that affect your statement that all hear His voice?

peace to you

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 5:28–29 Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

We often, and rightly, look to our justification as being centered in Christ. Sometimes we ignore that the condemnation of the wicked is also a Christ centered judgment.

No. That passage does not affect the verse I referenced at all. It is a different context.

5. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just to be clear, you are saying all hear His voice after death… at the Great Throne Judgment?

peace to you

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

I am saying that a time is coming when a will hear His voice and come forth to one of two resurrections. I believe the actual judgment follows.

I also believe that His voice is heard by all in the since that there is a "general revelation" that is Christ-centered.

And, of course, I believe that men may hear His voice and harden their hearts against Him. So it depends on what we mean by "hear". Many with ears, fir example, don't hear. But in a way they do.

7. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 5, from verse 16 is spoken by Jesus Christ to the Jews who wanted to murder Him, for what He did and said.

24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. 25 Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live

Are addressed to these same Jews, and it is clear that these also have the ABILITY to HEAR the Gospel Message. Those who HEAR, as in, ACCEPT this Message, will have eternal Life.

"Reformed" theology perverts this plain Truth from the very words of Jesus Christ!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please show me from scripture that teaches there is a “general revelation” that is “Christ centered”?

The only “Christ centered” revelation I know of is the special revelation of the Gospel found in the special revelation that is Scripture.

The only general revelation I know of the the revelation of God found in creation and scripture says that revelation has been rejected by all.

peace to you

9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 John 5:9-13, If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a difference in how we view God's revelation (we affirm the same scriptures).

I believe that we cannot know anything of God except what is revealed in Christ, the reason being Christ is God's revelation to man of Himself. So all of nature, all of Scripture, and even the nature of man Himsrlf points to Christ.

That said, John tells us that Jesus cane to a people who rejected Him.

• Winner Winner x 1