1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It Works--The Conceal and Carry Thread

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Dec 8, 2017.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I figure I'd start this thread for all our liberal friends that claim conceal and carry does not stop crime. Whenever anyone comes across stories proving that conceal/carry works you should post them here.

I suppose the church shooter being killed by a citizen is not technically conceal/carry since the armed citizen used a rifle, but I'd call it eligible for this thread.

I know I've already posted a couple of these in the past couple of months but if we try to keep them all aggregated in one thread it would be easy to find them when liberals complain about them.
    ----

A father eating at a Popeye’s restaurant -- and carrying his licensed handgun -- shot a would-be robber dead Wednesday after the thief threatened the man's family at gunpoint and demanded the dad's belongings.

The San Antonio Police Department said Ander Herrera, 19, walked into the restaurant on South Flores Street just after 9 p.m. Wednesday and demanded Carlos Molina hand over his cash.

Molina, 32, said he had no money because he had just bought his family a meal. The gunman then turned toward the counter and started yelling at a manager who was trying to take cover, FOX29 reported.

Authorities said two more members of Molina’s family came out of a restroom amid the commotion and the suspect pointed his gun at them.

Molina then whipped out his gun and shot Herrera several times, killing him.

Texas father shoots, kills Popeye's robbery suspect who threatened family, police say

• Like Like x 1
  2. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ELLWOOD CITY, Pa. (AP) — An 84-year-old Pennsylvania man fatally shot a home intruder and successfully fought off another early Friday, police said.

Don Lutz was jolted awake around 1:15 a.m. by the sound of people coming into his Ellwood City home and emerged from his bedroom armed with a handgun that he said he keeps under his pillow, authorities said.

One of the intruders grabbed Lutz, police said, so he fired a shot from point blank range into the man’s chest then started to tussle with both men on the floor of his kitchen.

Elderly man fights off intruders, fatally shoots one of them

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oops...
    ------
    Two hurt in accidental shooting at East Tenn. church during discussion on church shootings

A man accidentally shot himself and his wife at an East Tennessee church on Thursday while he was showing off his gun during a discussion on recent church shootings, police said.

Elder members of First United Methodist Church in Tellico Plains were cleaning up about 1 p.m. after enjoying a luncheon held to celebrate Thanksgiving. They began talking about guns in churches, according to Tellico Plains Police Chief Russ Parks.

A man in his 80s pulled out a .380 caliber Ruger handgun and said, "I carry my handgun everywhere," according to Parks.

He removed the magazine, cleared the chamber, and showed the gun to some of the men in the church. He put the magazine back in, apparently loaded a round in the chamber, and returned the gun to its holster, Parks said.

"Somebody else walked up and said, 'Can I see it?' " Parks said. "He pulled it back out and said, 'With this loaded indicator, I can tell that it’s not loaded.' "

He pulled the trigger.

"Evidently he just forgot that he re-chambered the weapon," Parks said.

The gun was lying on its side on a table. The bullet sliced the palm of the man's upward-facing hand, then entered the left side of his wife's abdomen and exited the right side, Parks said.

Both the husband and wife, who is also in her 80s, were flown to the University of Tennessee Medical Center with injuries that police said didn't appear to be life-threatening.
    Two hurt in accidental shooting at East Tenn. church during discussion on church shootings

8. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

"Concealed" means "concealed." You don't pull it out and show it around.

The only time you draw a firearm (except to stow it when disarming) is if you are ready and able to shoot someone in self-defense or defense of others.

Those people shouldn't even have known he had a firearm, let alone showing it off to the others.

I carry any time I leave the house, including to church. Nobody knows I am armed except my wife who watches me put it in my holster before we leave.

The security team leaders at church (a police lieutenant and a Sheriff's Sergeant, and a city police detective) are the only ones who know I am armed. Nobody else has a "need to know."

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Idiots will be idiots. Break the safety rules of anything and you can get hurt. Cooking, cleaning, driving, cutting meat, digging a hole, etc.

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed. Just giving some balanced reporting on the subject matter. Don't want to be biased.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rule #1: always treat the weapon like it's loaded.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Resident Kills One of Three Home Invasion Suspects During Christmas Eve Gunfight - Breitbart

A resident opened fire and killed one of three home invasion suspects after awaking to the sounds of someone in his home Christmas Eve.
    The incident occurred Sunday morning in New Hanover County, North Carolina.

According to WNCN, the suspects entered the home around 2:30 a.m. Their movements awoke the homeowner, who retrieved a firearm and engaged the suspects in a gunfight.

The homeowner killed 31-year-old Hakim Hanifah, causing the remaining two suspects to flee the scene.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Video shows passer-by shooting Florida deputy's attacker

Video recently released by Florida authorities shows the moment a passer-by fatally shot a man attacking a Florida deputy in November.

On Nov. 14, Lee County Sheriff's Deputy Dean Bardes was being attacked by 53-year-old Edward Strother and pleaded for the help of a passer-by, who shot and killed Strother, according to a Lee County Sheriff's Office police report. Strother was punching Bardes and reaching for his firearm, said Amira Fox, the state's chief assistant attorney.

14. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Exactly the way it needs to be. The "open carry" crowd might as well have a sign that says "shoot me first" to anyone intent on any mayhem at the place you might happen to be.

15. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is the facts prove that not to be the case. 44 states allow open carry and there is only one incident of somebody taking a firearm from a person open carrying, and none of them being targeted first.

The exact opposite is true. Criminals like soft targets. When they see an armed person the pass the armed, hard, target and look for a soft target.

I don't open carry. But I believe the constitution gives me that option, even if I choose not to exercise it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I kinda subscribe to that theory , as well. OTOH If a thief or mugger knows they may get shot instead of ripping off an easy victim, they may just pass and look for an easier target.

Crooks are cowards. They like it easy with little or no resistance.

17. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stolen gun at Walmart causes panic

Recent and local to me, open carry weapon snatched.

18. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Soft target or hard target?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It has a thumb strap; so while I wouldn't recommend that location for an outside-the-waistband carry, it wouldn't necessarily be a quick grab.

20. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Black on black, hard to see, but try looking closer. ;)