1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's ALL from HIM!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That's right. So God saves some infants and passes over others. That is Calvinism.

2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Nope. So far as we know, God may have elected every baby who ever died. You don't know, and I don't know. I suppose no one does..

3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

That God does not hold babies accountable for sin is far better than Willis' doctrine that babies have no sin, I grant you.

But if God can save babies apart from their participation, as you suggest, then that aligns itself with Calvinism, not your doctrine that teaches that God needs man to participate in order for him to be able to save him.

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

If God can save a person without their participation, again, then why do you need to preach the gospel, and why do people need to hear the gospel?

It seems to me you are insulting God when you preach. He doesn't need your help. And God doesn't need the unregenerate to hear the gospel either, that would be them participating with God. God should just regenerate people without the need of preachers to preach the gospel, and without the need of people hearing the gospel. Now that would be salvation 100% of God.

You don't really believe what you preach, for if you did you would not preach. And you would tell people not to listen to preaching or to read the Bible. You don't want them to be involved at all in their salvation, it must be 100% from God.

5. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Once again you demonstrate that you have no understanding whatsoever of any theology most of all Calvinism.

We preach not for men but for God.

We preach not for their conversion but for his glory.

God has given us the great privilege to participate in the most glorious thing in the universe- the propagation of the Gospel of his Glory.

That is why we preach.

If you preach for man and to bring about conversions and to save souls from hell then your evangelism has the same problem that your theology has- it is man centered.

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Why do you preach for God? Does he need your help? Aren't you insulting God?

Seems to me, if you were truly consistent with what you say you believe, you would never preach to anyone. You would let God save them. God doesn't need your help, he doesn't need your participation.

And there should be no need for the unsaved to hear the gospel. What do they have to do with their salvation? If they have to hear, then God must need their participation.

No, God should just regenerate people without preaching, and without the necessity of hearing the gospel. That would be salvation 100% of God. Man should not be involved whatsoever.

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I answered that question. Reread the post.
    I addressed this. Reread the post.

This doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

N
    Doesn't follow.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Absolutely the Bible speaks against it, and it is NOT plausible. There is no other dispensation of salvation. There is only one way for a sinner to be saved...period.

9. Winman

Winman Active Member

What I am saying makes perfect sense and you know it. If salvation is 100% of God, then you should not preach. You should let God regenerate people by himself. And no one should hear the gospel, that is participating with God as well. God should just regenerate a person the way you said God regenerates little babies.

10. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

No it does not.

I do not preach to regenerate men. I preach to honor God. I preach Christ for the same reason that I show off pictures of my lovely children whom I love so dearly and am so very proud of.

If you witness to save men then your witnessing is man centered like your "theology".

If you wish to discuss this further, start a thread and I will participate.

Otherwise you are hijacking this thread.

I encourage you to address the OP if you wish to discuss this thread further.

11. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yes, through Christ and Christ alone. You are coming around, I see.

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

This is the perfect thread to respond to, you said, "it's All from HIM!". But you don't believe that, you think you need to preach to people, and that people need to hear. Well, that is man participating with God in salvation.

You said you believe God doesn't need participation to save babies. Well, what is the difference with adults? That doesn't make sense.

You should stop preaching and let God do his job. If you want to assemble together and praise God to honor him, that is fine. But you should not preach the gospel, as that is an insult to God's sovereignty. He doesn't need your help to save a person, and he doesn't need a person to listen to be saved either.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You agree with me...but my response is in disagreement to yours. That makes no sense.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

#1 - God commanded it.

#2 - It's a humbling privilege to be a part of God's work.

15. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

It doesn't make sense to you for the same reason calculus doesn't make sense to a kindergartner- you don't get it.

But it is very simple. I say it as simplistically as I can.

We do not preach for men we preach for God. Got it?

16. Winman

Winman Active Member

God doesn't need you to preach for him, he can save a man all by himself.

Got it?

17. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

No one comes to the father but through Christ- that doesn't make sense to you?

Babies do not go to heaven but through Christ.

Seniors do not go to heaven but through Christ.

What do you not understand?

18. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

God doesn't need anything Winman.

God doesn't have to need something to want it. Nor does he have to need something to command it.

Let me say it again:

We preach not for men but for God. You got it yet?

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What doesn't make sense is me disagreeing with your "plausible" theory there is another way for infants to be saved but by grace through faith, then you agreeing with my disagreement.

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

We actually preach for God for the benefit of man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.