1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Its NHL playoff time!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Apr 7, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. If the Red Wings don't win the Stanley Cup this season it will have to be the biggest disappointment in their history.

This has been a breakout year for the Stars and I am looking very much forward to next season.

2. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

First off kudos to the Stars. You played with determination and grit and have a great thing going on in Dallas. Finishing second in the western conference (the men´s department of the NHL) is nothing of which to be ashamed.

Secondly GO WINGS!!!

This should be a great and exciting cup finals- maybe one of the best ever with the talent that is playing. Statistically this should be a long series, but my "homer" gut tells me to go with Detroit in five.

Don´t be surprised if several of these games go into OT.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Don't think there's any question the Western Conference of the NHL is a little like the NBA's Western Conf. I think 1-8, the Western NHL playoff teams are better than their Eastern Conf counterparts.

4. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Two more to go!!!

GO WINGS!!!

Red Wings haven't win a Stanely Cup for 52 years from 1955 to 1997. Finally at last, they won Cup in 1997. Then, Red Wings might win fourth Cup within 11 seasons! Wow! Red Wings is really so STRONG team.

I confident that Red Wings can win in Pittsburgh. They are so good on road games. Could they sweep this series? Possible. Wait and see.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

5. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Wow the game was on national tv last night. congrats to pitt for pulling one out - although as I watched the third period, I thought that D was going to get it tied up. D just gives you the feeling that when they really want to score they will.

I think that pitt will win at most one more game

6. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

7. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (yawn) ho-hum, blah.....

8. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Now you would not be saying that if it was the Av´s on the verge of winning the cup would you?

I don´t have to say anything more the play of the Detroit Red Wings speaks for itself. The cup should be coming home to Hockeytown tonight.

Lets go Wings!

9. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

What a game last night - although I was asleep when the final puck went in :( I was there for the second and third period and first OT. The detroit fans were going crazy, the goalie was pulled, all hope for pitt was seemingly lost, 34 seconds to go, then GOAL!

When detroit was down two I thought they might be in trouble - When detroit got the first goal, I thought they would pull it out. Detroit dominated time of posession, and I have never seen a team pass the puck like they do. They had chance after chance to score, Pitts goalie literally stood on his head last night to keep them in the game.

Hoe for Pitt now - I wouldnt be suprised to see Detroit do to Pitt what they did to Dallas in game 6 but who knows???

10. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

That was a great game. But other than for about 20 minuets it was all Detroit. The only thing that kept Pit alive was the great play of Fleury in the net. In my mind he is more of the key to their success so far this post season than Crosby. Also we saw once again terrible calls both ways. If the NHL wants to repair its image it must do something about how the refs call the game.

11. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The final score shows the spunk and the drive of the Penguins.

I hope they didn't blow out the slats and can win game 6 too.

My best friend is from Pittsburgh. I am rooting right along side her.

Debbie Mc

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Despite that spunk they didn't make it. It was that team that they call the "Dead Wings," that came alive, and won the Stanley Cup tonight.

13. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

They did not have to come alive- they always were.

All I can say is:
    Hey Hey Hockytown!!!!!

14. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

As great as they were this year the have to do it again next year after a very short summer to actually prove to us Dallas Star fans that the whippin they put on the Stars wasnt a fluke! GO STARS and congrats Wings

15. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

But through most periods of play the Wings dominated their opponents. Even in the losses they took it was for about 20 minutes of the game that they let up a little and paid for it.

One thing is certain. Red Wings haters can stop the comparisons the the Yankees. This Detroit team was not "bought" (salary cap era). The front office is just so good at drafting and developing talent.

No it wasn´t a fluke. Just crazy good hockey.

P.S. You Stars fans are much more gracious than Pens fans. Maybe because its because you play in the men´s department of the NHL.

GO Wings
    Your 2007-08 Stanley Cup Champions.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congratulations to the Red Wings and their fans. :)

17. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  18. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

4his glory

Wings were fantastic - repeating is tough, but if a team has a chance in this hockey era, I think it is detroit. If the stars are going to challenge, they have thier work cut out for them.

19. TomVols

TomVols New Member

No question the class of the NHL is the West. I still believe the Wings had their toughest test in their opening round series against NSH, true to the way their reg season series went. I firmly believe the Preds, the West's 8 seed, could beat the bottom four seeds in the East in a seven game series.

I'm a little surprised I saw empty seats during some of the games at the Joe. More than once I heard announcers lament the lack of enthusiasm there. I hope they aren't taking their success for granted.

At any rate, congrats to the Red Wings and enjoy Lord Stanley's Cup. I'l expect the same kudos next year as we march the cup down Broadway in Nashville :)

20. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Good call ..