1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Its official...

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Mar 22, 2006.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

The Detroit Lions have done again the only thing they are good at besides losing... changing QBs. Joey Harrington is in the tank.

The guys they signed to compete for top spot don't look to promising to me either. McCown and Kinta.
    :rolleyes: Sigh... to be a Lions fan... :rolleyes:

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I don't understand how Matt Millen continues to keep his job from year to year. He must be incredibly persuasive to continue convincing his boss that he knows something about how to run a football team.

As a Bears fan, I hope they keep Millen right where he is. [​IMG]

3. NateT

NateT Member

I didn't know Lions fans existed, I just thought there were a bunch of Barry Sanders fans. I didn't realize anyone in Detroit still watched football.

I think week 17 was the biggest fan base the lions had last year. All the Chiefs fans were pulling for an upset [​IMG]

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I saw that and it did not make any sense to me at all.

Just the Lions being the Lions [​IMG]

5. NateT

NateT Member

The Lions remind me of the Texans, but with more experience. They both draft a top-rated QB to go with nothing. Detroit then tries to make up for it by drafting top-rated WR after top-rated WR.

Even though it wouldn't be popular, I'd like to see a team like Detroit do nothing but draft top rated linemen (OL and DL) the next year or so, and see where they're at in a couple seaons. It's hard to complete a pass to an awesom WR or break a long run if 3 seconds after the ball is snapped the entire other team is in your face.

6. PastorSBC1303

I would have thought Martz the new Offensive Coord would have wanted a chance to work with Harrington. I would think he is a better choice than Kitna and McCown.

But as ccr points out, as a Bears fan, I hope the Lions keep acting like the Lions [​IMG]

7. Convicted by the Spirit

While some of the blame must fall on Joey Harrington, I agree with Nate ... you can't complete a pass if you have a linebacker in your face every other play.

I found this espically true here in Houston where David Carr was taking a lot of unjust heat from the Houston fans and media. While Reggie Bush will be a great pick up for us, I hope they use much of the draft picking up on Offensive linemen.

8. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I thought he should have wroked with Joey too. Joey is a long ball QB, Mariuci's stupid offense would have never worked for him. I thought that Martz would have given him a chance since Harrington's "playing style" seems to be compliment a Martz offense which utilizes a lot of downfield passing.

9. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I will not say anything now, but when the Lions win the NFC north someday, I will have no mercy on you Bears fans. Chigaco was way overrated. So they won the worst division of the NFC, big whoopy.

10. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

[​IMG]

Let's see if I can get this straight. If the Lions win the division, it will be a big deal. If the Bears win the division, it's because the division is so weak. Is that the way it works? [​IMG]

The Bears and Liedowns do have something in common, a recent history of losing. The Liedowns have just been better at it for much longer. [​IMG]

No problem on the no mercy thing. It's not like I showed any mercy during the season. As long as Millen is the GM, there's not much chance of anything other than more Detroit losses. :D

11. PastorSBC1303

ccr you beat me to it, I was getting ready to type out the same message. [​IMG]

Ya gotta love Detroit fans... :D

12. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I were an NFL GM, I'd never draft a QB and probably none of the other "skill positions" either.

A look around the league will tell you that being a star at those positions in college isn't a sure fire indicator of NFL success.

I'd draft linemen and defense... always trading down then pick-up veteran skill players after the suckers sifted them out.

13. Convicted by the Spirit

that division was somewhat bad, but not to the point that Chicago was overrated. The team survived on their defense and it was a killer defense at that. Not overrated.

14. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

A long-suffering Lions fan here. Don't be surprised if the Lions get to draft Vince Young. Word has it that Young is dropping - once expected to easily be in the top 3, now people are expecting him to drop several spots, right about where the Lions are (I believe they have the 9th pick).

I'm not sure if I would like that or not, but I think it would bring some excitement to Detroit. I'm with Scott J, though - draft linemen (OL and DL) high and then get role players to fill in the rest. That seems to be a winning forumla, generally speaking.

15. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

I know it doesn't always translate to success on the playing field but McCown and Kitna are both Christian men. Kitna has had some good seasons and with the weapons the Lions have on offense and with Martz calling the plays he or maybe McCown could have a big season.

16. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I don't think the Lions would take Vince Young if he was available. I am egear to see what Martz can do with McCown and Kitna. He has a reputation of taking the unkown and mediocre and turning them into winning QBs (Warner and Bulger).