1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's started

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by TomMann, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Well, if he's a family doctor, he's earned it! The family doctors I worked for were busy every minute of the day. One doctor literally ran from room to room. I actually slammed really hard into him one day as I was coming around the corner (I was running, too) :laugh:

love,

Sopranette

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

I agree, they've earned it. I hope I wasn't promoting "class envy."

The only mistake I see many doctors make is this: They get out of med school owing a boatload of money. But...instead of living frugally for a year or two and paying off debts, they immediately launch into the "doctor lifestyle." By the time they're a year in, they have a half-million dollar (or more) house, and $100K worth of cars.

My relative made this mistake. They're still paying for it.

3. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Translation: "This isn't about me or my treatment, it's a conservative thinking a liberal is going to be President and I'm pushing my agenda against the Democrats wanting to reform healthcare."

You are a vet, isn't there a Va Medical Center near you? My father-in-law is a vietnam vet and the VA center takes care of 100% of his medical treatment and medicine. The medical field isn't hurting for money, unless of course, they have overpriced the treament so long that is is now catching up and biting them in the rear. Like the other poster said, "Don't use medicare if you are so worried that they aren't giving enough money to the facility." Use the VA center and let the government worry about the profits.

#23 JerryL, Jul 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2008
  4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Doctors are rich because they spent hugh bucks on education, and a lot of years becoming doctors. Do we expect doctors to be poor people. So far in this country you can still chose your education, and profession. Most will base this choice on the furture availabilty of work, and on possible income. Some jobs are of a higher demand then others of course, and some jobs have less of a future.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

Theres no news link in the op, actually this is in the wrong forum isn't it.

6. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I'm all for doctors making good money. The fact still remains that them, along with medical facilities are overpricing, with just a couple of examples I've posted, not counting the hundreds of thousands maybe even millions, of other times they have done this in this nation. My wife got charged 10 bucks for a couple of aspirins while she was in the hospital after having our kid. There are many examples nationwide. I had a medical procedure that costs $500.00 if you pay cash, the hospital charged my insurance $6800.00. I'm all for the government regulating how much they get to charge. Fair and reasonable. No, I don't feel sorry for medical services providers.
    P.S- On the flip side, I'm also for the government being watched on how much congress and others in Washington are allowed to spend.

#26 JerryL, Jul 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2008
  7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Healthcare was a mess long before the invasion of Iraq.

As for doctors making money: when you place your infant baby into the arms of a doctor to do surgery, you don't want him carrying her off, worried about his mortgage or car payment. You don't want the man who will slice open your dad's chest to do five bypasses worried about his phone bill.

8. JerryL

JerryL New Member

So, you approve of them making 6K on a 500 dollar procedure if insurance is used?

9. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

You think the doctor gets all that money???

My husband was just in the hospital for two weeks. His bill was $68,000.00. You think the doctor got all that???

Just think about all the different people involved in his care and all the tests, meals, etc.

I'm not saying that medical costs haven't gotten a little out of hand, but don't forget the frivolous malpractice suits that make everyone's insurance higher...even the doctor's.

10. JerryL

JerryL New Member

What I said was, if paid with cash it was 500.00. They charged 6800 when I used my insurance. I have never insinuated that the doctor gets all the money, I am downing the total system for overcharging.

11. TomMann

TomMann New Member

Bad translation: What I am complaining about has already happened and it wasn't done by a democrat liberal. And I think we are heading for more government involvement no matter which of the candidates gets elected. All I said was stand by it's coming.... and it is.

Next, would you consider 300 mile round trip "close to me". Most of the folks here use Waco, Tx. Besides, as a retiree I am entitled to use the nearest military facility and it is 100% free including prescriptions. Unfortunately, military facilities are limited in what they can do... so I was refered to the nearest appropriate local facility for the cancer treatments. It is only fifty miles away. I have been taking treatments off and on for about three years now. My observation wasn't a judgement that this clinic is over or underpaid, only that this facility/clinic is having to start turning folks away to other facilities because the cuts in medicare are cutting into their budget. You can take that for whatever it's worth to you.

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." RR

12. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

You're in my prayers, TomMann.

(I'm without and without..... but I've got God as my provider and healer, in Him do I trust. WC had cancer in 2005: Is cancer free today by the grace and mercies of God: Retired and w/o insurance.-------Security can't be bought!)

13. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I will be praying for your treatment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.