1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ivermectin, a Godsend

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by asterisktom, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Effective against serious illness and death"???
    What does that really mean? My Doc and his father, also a Dr, are fully PFIZER VAXED and boosted. Both got Covid a few weeks ago. Both got sick. Both took monocolonal antibodies.
    He, a huge vax proponent in the past, told me that he is no as convinced about the efficacy of the vax as he was a few months ago.
    How many unvaxed vs vaxed are getting seriously Ill or dying of Omicron? What's the vaxed vs unvaxed comparison?

2. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which plunger? Big difference between a 1 cc and a 5 cc.

3. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    can’t say to that, all tubes I ever had were the same notch wise.

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It means the vaccine provides functional immunity but not sterilizing immunity.

The covid unvaccinated are dying at a rate over 11 times the covid vaccinated. They are also being hospitalized for serious issues related to covid at a higher rate.

5. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not think you specifically meant to be insulting or anything, Jon, but your response assumes that doctors are always pure and unbiased in their courses of treatment. Now, especially, their credibility is seriously in doubt. All it takes is a wider spectrum of research to see that the medical business today is seriously coopted by threats or inducements to follow that party line.

I continue to be amazed how some countries - esp. the US - are making it so hard to get IVM and HCQ in order to push that pernicious Remdesivir.

BTW, have you read "The Real Anthony Fauci". It is a real eye-opener.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's all about power and money. Nothing more.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not believe we should assume doctors are biased or unbiased. But if I were to make assumptions, it would not be to assume the worst (thar doctors prescribing Ivermectin are biased, or that doctors recommending vaccines are biased).

I do believe there is a degree of hypocrisy on both sides, but perhaps more on the anti-covid-vax side. The use of Ivermectin despite warming that it is not effective with covid from the makers of the drug and from studies that I am aware of kinda points to this conclusion.

That said, I do hope Ivermectin proves to be an effective treatment.

Are you aware of any completed trials for using Ivermectin with covid?

8. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. Why do more people not see this?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think most people see that politics is involved and realize this includes money and power. The error some make is in believing it is all about money and power.

A couple of weeks ago I lost a cousin, her husband, and her brother to covid. They got the virus at the same time (were all "never-vaxers") and died a day apart (my cousin on Monday, her husband on Tuesday, and her brother on Wednesday).

I do believe the virus is worse when people have pre-existing conditions. But I do not believe it is "all about money and power".

The scientists who developed the vaccines did not gain monetary for the vaccine, nor did they gain power. The corporations did, but the work was not accomplished at a corporate level.

What you are implying is all of these men and women who have dedicated their lives to saving people by developing vaccines and medications are liers. I doubt this is true.

But I agree that political entities are using the virus and vaccines for their gain (some pro-vaccine and others anti-vaccine).

10. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are stupid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, there are both controlled study trials as well as national-level trials. Several are cited in the book I referenced. Several countries have been doing quite well in their repurposing Ivermectin for the current outbreaks. Here is just one example I came across just this morning from the aforementioned book:

"Based on this study, on May 8, 2020, Peru—then under siege by a crushing COVID endemic— adopted ivermectin in its national guidelines. “Peruvian doctors already knew the medicine, widely prescribed it for parasites, and health authorities knew it was safe and were comfortable with it,” recalls Dr. Pierre Kory. COVID deaths dropped precipitously—by 14-fold—in the regions where the Peruvian government effectively distributed ivermectin. Reductions in deaths correlated with the extent of IVM distributions in all 25 states. In December 2020, Peru’s new president, under pressure from WHO, severely restricted IVM availability and COVID cases rebounded with deaths increasing 13-fold."

Page 64, "The Real Anthony Fauci"

Ivermectin works. Especially when applied in early stages. Fauci, in his studies of IVM, purposefully only used it on very late-term sufferers from Covid, setting it up thus for very poor results.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks. I'm only interested in the controlled studies for Ivermectin as a treatment for covid. Can you link a couple?

13. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Source? I have read the opposite.

14. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The results on a national level have much more validity than some easily-manipulated study done by corrupt scientists.
    But, if you want, you can find several of what you want in the book I cited.

But if you are "only interested in the controlled studies" then I think I have nothing really to add. Other than, maybe, to ask why the successful results of several countries does not interest you.

#54 asterisktom, Jan 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  15. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, there are still some principled and knowledgeable doctors. But the main players are influenced by Fauci, Gates, and the others.

16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you know that the actual scientists who developed the vaccines were influenced by Fauci, Gates, and others?

19. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was created in 1975 by William Campbell and Satoshi Ōmura. Later Merck got involved in it. But because that company could not make enough money on it, the patent having expired, they designed a very pricey Ivermectin 2.0, so to speak. So, yea, it stands to reason that they would diss the original product.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good grief, bro. Its in the book. Read it. I would love to have your thoughts on it.

• Like Like x 1