1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Jacob I Have Loved"

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by KenH, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Peculiar person, {and my brother in the faith}

Which Bible are you reading? How long have you been reading the Bible?

You said it never entered God's mind as to inflicting pain on the lost.

Jesus Himself while on earth spoke of people who will enter the pain of 'Hell fire.' [Matthew 5:22g; 29; 30; & Revelation 20:14-15] The latter reference is one in which the Apostle John is expressing the truth of God to us in His written Word, the Bible. [​IMG]

2. Peculiar person

Peculiar person New Member

Ray Berrian,

I believe if you check my post, you will find no mention of the word "pain."

I said that God was not involved in inflicting or allowing to be inflicted torture and torment now, nor will He ever be.
    To make it a bit plainer, I should have said "ETERNAL torment or torture." Sorry.

I use a KJV Bible, and mentioned the three references, basically to see if you knew them. Apparently you do not. Don't feel too bad. I was quite surprised to find them myself years ago.
    I DO believe that the wicked will be punished, in case you were wondering, but not as is commonly taught in Fundamental churches.
    And, yes, I am a Brother in Christ, although with a slightly different set of beliefs.

PP