1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

James O'Keefe was "framed" by the media and the U.S. attorney's office

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same day the man who first published James O'Keefe's explosive videos exposing wrongdoing at community organizer ACORN came to his defense Monday, claiming the conservative filmmaker "sat in jail for 28 hours without access to an attorney" while the prosecutor made his case to the media, the U.S. attorney involved stepped down.

O'Keefe, accused of trying to tamper with the phones of Louisiana Sen. Mary Landrieu, was "framed" by the media and the U.S. attorney's office, Andrew Breitbart, publisher of BigGovernment.com, told Fox News Monday.

Hours later, Jim Letten, U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Louisiana, recused himself from the case.

More Here

2. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

It all depends on whose ox is getting gored.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you even read the article?

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Sounds like they were questioned before an attorney was present. The affidavit sworn and given by the FBI investigator before the judge contains the same dates as the incident. There's no mention of them having been Morandized (sp?) or having waived their rights. For the original da to have released names along with his statement, before reclusing himself..... does sound like misconduct before an investigation could be completed..... political motivation ...... Maybe. Probably.

For me, his readiness to 'jump the gun' also smacks of the possibility of prior knowledge.... such as might occur if he either had an 'inside' informant on the capper or he himself had been consulted about the question of phone calls not going through to the Senator's office and an interest in checking them out. ----yes, I know, I've probably gotten hold of the 'kool-aid' ....but it would not be the first time someone 'consulted' a 'law' representative regarding the legallity of something.... and received a suggestion which they then put into a plan only to be entrapped in allegations of wrong doing. Often times.... the difference between being a prosecutor and an office holder with significant title and authorty is a high profile case. Andrew Breitbart's allegations of O'Keefe's being framed by both media and the US. attorney's office is the base upon which this question opens to me, as I think such allegations speak more to the framing of an illegal act or entrapment than the pre-trial and pre-investigation publicity.

#4 windcatcher, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010