1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane Fonda has not changed her stripes.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Plain Old Bill, Aug 27, 2005.

1. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I find Jane Fonda's new vocation simply unbelievable. To rise up against one of Gods elect (President Bush)in this manner is a dangerous undertaking for a Christian.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Is Bush God's elect anymore than Clinton was?

3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Bush is "God's elect?" What a joke. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What an idiotic statement to make, hillclimer.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

So Jane Fonda makes a speech expressing her opinion of the war in Iraq, and this makes her bad? As to the foolish statement about "rising up against one of God's elect", why does criticizing her not fall into the same category? After all, she has made public proclamations of her born again experience. As I understand it, one of the things that broke her marriage to Ted Turner apart was her conversion to Christianity was not compatible with his atheism.

5. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Don't laugh during the 2004 election got calls
    from Republican party saying "Bush is Gods man
    if you are a Christian you will vote for him"

Now we have buyers remorse setting in and Bush
    is just a man like anyone else and his election
    may have gotten him "The worst President in United States History" (favorable poll mean 39.5%)imho

If he captures or kills Osama Bin Laden he saves
    his legacy. imho

Jane Fonda has taken some abuse and remains unforgiven by a lot of Christian veterans which
    is their choice but she is now definitely a sister
    in Christ and it is perfectly Christian to be
    against war and violence.

As for the WMD their is an excellent CNN REPORTS
    running with investigative reporter David Ensor
    very well doen...I doubt die hards who believe
    the theorys as fact will watch, but people on the
    fence or who needed more information might find it
    important and informative.

<a href="http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/presents/" target="_blank">CNN PRESENTS-Dead Wrong--Inside and Intelligence
    Meltdown."</a>

6. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Jail time was definitely in order. </font>[/QUOTE]Perhaps they could put her in the same prison as Oliver North. His sentence should be longer, as he actually supplied weapons to the enemy.

7. Baptist in Richmond

That's right: we should not question "one of God's elect" in any way shape or form. In other words, despite living in a representative republic, we have no right to question any decision made by "one of God's elect." I am not sure exactly how Jane Fonda's "new vocation" is an example of "rising up," but I am sure that it is awful.

Shame on all of you.

8. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Of course not, but he is a Christian.

9. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Many of you have allowed your hatred for the President to cloud your judgment. I wasn't around here during the Clinton administration, but I can tell you I would never attack him the way many of you do this Christian president. This has been a shameful way for so called Christians to behave, and I am ashamed of you. I've had about all I can take of you Christians that act like the devil.

10. Priscilla Ann

Priscilla Ann Member

Hillclimber:

Who on this board says that they "hate" George Bush? I don't.

If George Bush can be a Christian, so can Jane Fonda. God is not a Republican (or a Democrat)!

PA

11. Baptist in Richmond

A claim without proof is nothing more than a misguided opinion, regardless of the claim being made in perpetuity or in multiple forums. You offer no proof here, just as you didn't offer any proof in the other forum. Your claim is nothing more than abject fatuity.

Shame on you, hillclimber.

12. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Jane Fonda said: "people in USA are ignorant of reality and of history" and "military campaign in Iraq will turn world against US."

American citizens have been duped big time, with all the lies, deception, propaganda and suppression of the truth coming from our leaders and the news media there's no chance of them making the right decisions.

The world against us is already obvious, this will result in our destruction.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are sooooooo silly. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

14. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]I guess I'll just have to live with "being an idiot" in your eyes.

15. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

No one is going to use the word hate when trying to destroy the President's character. They simply do it, with no concern for truth or accuracy. The attacks on here are as bad as on web sites dedicated to his destruction. For people exhibiting this "hatred" to be Christians is sad, to say the least.

Of course you can disagree with any or all his policies, I know I do, but disagreeing and attacking his character are two entirely different things.

If you want to defend your rantings against him as constructive criticism, or congenial disagreements, you are deluding yourselves, because you've allowed your words to far exceed that.

No, hatred is what many of you display before the world concerning President Bush. I believe that for a few of you this hatred is because of his stand for Christ and His righteousness.

Those of you that accuse him of lying to go to war, or, it's for the oil, are not displaying a Spirit filled life. (I'm being kind here)

Jane Fonda is directly responsible for many lost lives in the Viet Nam war. If she starts up her newest campaign, she'll kill many more American soldiers. The Iraqi insurgents are far more attuned to the propaganda of the leftists than were the Viet Cong. If she is a Christian, she is on extremely dangerous footing. Christians are not to commit murder. We do however kill when we must, in war, self-defense etc.

16. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

You are sooooooo silly. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]And you are out of bounds.
    Are you for or against the humiliation by the guards? Should you be for the humiliation of believers?

17. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]I guess I'll just have to live with "being an idiot" in your eyes.
    </font>[/QUOTE]This has nothing to do with whether or not you are an idiot. Frankly, I doubt that you are; however, I still think you are wrong with your opinion concerning George W. Bush.

18. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]This has nothing to do with whether or not you are an idiot. Frankly, I doubt that you are; however, I still think you are wrong with your opinion concerning George W. Bush.
    </font>[/QUOTE]He is God's anointed today, and he never lied to me or to Congress, he has engaged an evil enemy and I support his efforts in this area 100%.

You, of course, are entitled to your opinion, be it right or wrong.

19. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Were you so outraged when President Clinton faced the camera and said, "I never had sex with that woman"? He lied to you and me and Congress, for which he was given a watered down impeachment. Did you have to explain what oral sex meant to anyone? Were you all so vocal and outspoken against this? How about his totally disrespectful attitude for the military?

Did you accuse him of sending cruise missiles into Iraq to move public attention away from his affair?

How did you castigate him on his willingness to provide Communist China with nuclear warhead delivery systems?

How about his role in picking out choice San Diego harbor for the Chi-Coms.

Where did you come down on the Riady donations to his '92' campaign? How about the John Huang fundraising, and spy efforts.

I'm betting you weren't nearly as vocal against that liberal Democrat unbeliever, as you are against President Bush, who has never lied about any of the issues he's faces while in office.

I hated every minute President Clinton was in office, but I never attacked his character, nor did I try to cast aspirsions on his cabinet.

Choose now whom you will serve. Jos 24:15

20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Amen, PA.

Jane Fonda is a Christian. In fact, when she came to Christ, it came at the price of her marriage. Folks here are welcome, imo, to disagree with her as they wish, but to question her salvation is wholely inappropriate.

But as was said in an realier post, what's the big deal here? She spoke out her personal opinion about the President. Does that make her an evil person? Not unless the Constitution has been amended to read that free speech is guaranteed only to those who agree with those on the Baptistboard.