1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Japan may be facing a shortage of pastors

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Salty, Aug 14, 2021.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No need to be caustic.

2. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That may be true, but first you have to have students, and that means soul winning--on the wane in Japanese churches.

In the independent Baptist movement there, the BMM Bible school I taught at went under for lack of students. I understand that the BBFI and BIMI schools are still going, but I don't know how many students they have. Schools in other traditions are shrinking.

3. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dispensationalism along with Pentecostalism is the false prophecy of today. Here's Hal Lindsey speaking for your camp.

Says Lindsey; "The prophecies can be pieced together to make a coherent picture, even though the pieces are scattered in small bits throughout the Old and New Testaments.

Hal Lindsey," 'The Late Great Planet Earth' 1970 (Chapter 4) *Paradigms of Paranoia: The Culture of Conspiracy By Samuel Chase Coale

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least in the States, the emigre EC-B brotherhood (related to the Unregistered faction) does not rely on "Bible colleges" to educate their preachers and pastors. Instead, they use a system of conferences over a weekend or for a week to educate them. These are based on what I term the local "presbytery".

5. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a fellowship thread. You are not fellowshipping. I am not going to discuss eschatology with you. Please go away.

6. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I get it now. I know of a church planting movement in Africa doing it that way successfully.

That's kind of what I did in Yokohama--a local church approach. I tried something similar in Hokkaido, but the brethren didn't go for it.

7. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for dropping out, but remember Paul says;

“Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.” 2 Timothy 4:2 (KJV 1900)

8. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin" (1 John 1:7).

9. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dispensationalism is darkness. Man-made false prophecies. Inspired by Jesuits according to Clarance Larkin, the "yoda" of Dispies.

10. Bassoonery

Bassoonery Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I heard about this problem in Japan about 5 years ago through a similar article by OMF. Here in Mizoram, we have a surplus of seminary-trained young men and not enough local pastor positions for them all. I used to try suggesting that some of them consider ministry in Japan, but none of them took me seriously. There is a decent number of Mizo missionaries in SE and East Asia, but so far I don't know of any in Japan, and very few who consider pastoral ministry abroad as an option. Culturally, I feel they could be a good fit if prepared well.

11. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The verse is not talking about doctrine. Jesus is the Light in John's writings. Are you saved? I am. Therefore I can fellowship with you.

12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't fellowship with Dispensationalists any more than I would Mormons or any other cult.

13. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why are you posting here. Many of us are Dispensationalists. And the subject of this thread the lack of pastors in Japan has little or nothing to do with Dispensationalism.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for noticing this. Notice I only respond to others as a courtesy if it seems to be drifting off-topic.

Not all are Dispensationalists. You call yourselves "Baptists" and some are by historic standards. But in reply to John, I would no more attend a Dispensational "Baptist" church than I would any other church not tied to Historic Christianity.

If you read my posts, conjuring up missionaries when God does not send them is purely an attempt to plant tares. Jesus says all that the Father gives to him will come to him.

#54 1689Dave, Aug 22, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  15. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then go away. This is a fellowship thread. For crying out loud, look at the thread name. It's under "Baptist Fellowship Forums." Stop acting dense.

16. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many times have you brought up Dispensationalism? Drop it and I will gladly not extend the courtesy of replying in good manners.

17. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Insults only show a lack of thought.

18. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So far he hasn't on this thread. You have and in a pejorative manner.

19. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    He kept the conversation going. I responded as a courtesy.

20. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also, having Jesuit origins, Dispensationalism is a means by which Antichrist still remains embedded in the temple of God. You need to be aware of this. Also, many other Catholic doctrines replaced Christian truth today.