1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jason Chaffetz: Kellyanne Conway Promoting Ivanka Trump’s Products Was ‘Unacceptable’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) said he will refer White House senior adviser Kellyanne Conway for an ethics investigation, after she promoted Ivanka Trump’s fashion line during a Thursday appearance on Fox News.

Chaffetz told reporters on Capitol Hill that Conway’s remarks were “clearly over the line” and “unacceptable,” and that he and the top Democrat on the committee, Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), would jointly refer Conway to the Office of Government Ethics for an investigation.

“It should have never happened, and they better learn this lesson very quick,” Chaffetz told NBC.

Chaffetz was referring to Conway’s appearance on “Fox and Friends” Thursday morning, when she defended President Donald Trump’s attack against Nordstrom for dropping his daughter’s fashion line by advertising the brand.

“It is just a wonderful line. I own some of it,” Conway said. “I’m going to give a free commercial here. Go buy it today, everybody. You can find it online.”

Conway appeared to violate a federal regulation stating that government employees cannot use their public office to endorse products, quickly raising complaints from ethics watchdog groups.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...a-trump_us_589cc506e4b04061313c4571?v7usdcxr&

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just noticed this thread.

Question for RDude: What do you disagree with about the OP? The fact that she did it, or that it was illegal?

3. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You weren't asking me but I think this whole controversy is just petty - this neverTrumper and Cummings the tax cheat are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. They have already talked to Kelly about this, sheesh.