1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jean Cramer is my Heroine

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Agent47, Aug 24, 2019.

1. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obviously, he meant to say, “totally peaceful, non-racist group.” But yes, that’s definitely not the kind of gaffe you want to make (saying he 'let it slip' is obvious spin). And he didn’t even correct it, just said it was "a bad comment." Being overwrought makes it hard to represent one's position well.

2. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Leviticus 19:19
    You shall keep my statutes. You shall not let your cattle breed with a different kind. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment made of two kinds of material.

Only domesticated, by man, animals are routinely changed through breeding crossouts. God gave instruction, but we often have a better idea, we think. In the rest of God’s creation, even though they may be quite similar, like cardinals & robins, or grizzly bears & black bears, or bass & trout, they do not crossbreed. Looks like a plan. I called it God’s design, since everything is from Him. Further, I believe I said, my opinion.

3. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I know it's your opinion which you are entitled to, I'm asking for why you imagine it is consistent with scriptures.

5. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If that was the obvious intent, why couldn't he correct himself and clarify exactly what he meant?

#25 Agent47, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  6. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

She was honoring her ancestors
    Screenshot_20190827-115652_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20190827-115617_YouTube.jpg

7. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are trolling, plain & simple. Your intent is not to have dialogue, your intent is to frame every thread & post to advance your leftist slog for the day. Mah Russia is dead, now the racist screed is the water to be carried, & here you are to do it. It is sad to see the effort you make to defend the party of evil, but I’m done talking to you. Done. Fini. Over. See if you can coerce someone else to feed you out of pity.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    But the context makes clear it was the obvious intent, as he had already said it correctly numerous times prior. They laughed because he misspoke. Your question reveals tremendous ignorance. Did you even watch the clip? Or perhaps your question reveals such tremendous bias that you cannot even discern this simple truth?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thus saith a handle that runs out of wits

10. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There was nothing obvious about the 'context'

11. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It looks like you can't take the push back. Seemingly, unless the person agrees with your position(s) they are a black hat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I flow with sense ,not consensus

13. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    The clip starts with him saying: “I want to challenge you to a public debate to defend your comments attacking us as racist.” He notes his organization’s website says they are “there to defend all races and colors.” He then insists she “pulled out Caucasian,” “attacked us as racist,” and “pulled the race card” all with the intent of bringing harm to his group while peacefully protesting. The context screams the claim that his group is non-racist. Since you say that isn’t obvious to you, what hope is there you could or would properly evaluate anything of importance? None.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Racists almost always defend their racism by redefining the term to exclude what they do

15. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    You just changed the subject and the point, or never understood it in the first place. In either case, you appear to lack the discernment or desire needed for a coherent discussion.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your statement has further benefit, as it precisely describes the progressive left on the subject, thus making themselves and those they deceive quintessential racists impervious to all criticism, like the proverbial blind leading the blind calling themselves "woke."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

18. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another 'slip of the tongue'?

"our Christian race" ?!
    But the owners have repented for the wicked snub:

Boone's Camp Event Hall owner apologizes for bigotry after being rebuked by pastor

"Ms. Welch, 24, said she went to the venue with her mother on Saturday to inquire about the refusal. She filmed part of the interaction she had with a woman at the venue and posted the video on Facebook, where it drew widespread condemnation."

"Ms. Welch said that she was shaken by the episode. 'It really broke my heart to actually hear her say those things,' Ms. Welch said. She added that Donna Russell, the owner of the event hall, had apologized privately, and that Ms. Welch and her family had accepted the apology."

"Boone’s Camp Event Hall said in a statement on Tuesday that the owners...realized they were wrong after they consulted with their pastor....'Boone’s Camp is sorry for the pain and inconvenience they have caused this couple and have invited them to use the facility,' the statement said."