1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jeb! Bush's Prediction Comes True

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Feb 16, 2017.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I said you lack knowledge when it comes to reading financial statements. Spin it how ever you want.

Yes, it's called competition. It's called an explosion of news outlets on the internet. But their revenues haven't declined that much, and they are still showing a profit, now aren't they?

NY Times Income2.JPG

Trump's style is to give false statements. Therefore, it's not a false statement when he does it.
    Best doublespeak I've heard in a long time!

Every print newspaper has been challenged by the changing market brought on by the internet and cable TV news competition. Holding revenue steady (oh, sorry, down by a whopping 1.1% last year) and showing a profit every year is not failing.

Interesting that people that defend Trump losing $916 million in ONE YEAR are loathe to call that failing, but a 150+ year old company that shows a profit every year of late is "failing".

Again, I don't care about the NY Times one way or the other, except that it's incorrect to say they are failing.