1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jeff Session's testimony, republican statements and highlights

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Gold Dragon, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    WATCH LIVE: Sessions testifies about Russia meetings in Senate hearing

Transcript: Jeff Sessions' testimony on Trump and Russia

Again, I will only include what republicans stated. There is lots of information even if you exclude everything spoken by democrats. My emphasis is on information where there appears to be some level of certainty. I will include Sessions testimony as well as I think most republican leaning folks here would consider him credible.

I believe Sessions that there was no outright collusion between himself or the Trump campaign as a whole with the Russians. I am still open to the possibility that there may have been 1 or 2 individuals on the campaign directly connected to Russia with a direct tie to Trump but hopefully that is not the case. It does appear clear to folks on all sides that the Russians were successful in their attempts to influence the US election (I'm not saying that is the reason Trump won but just that Russia's tactics successfully achieved their objectives of hacking, etc) and that is a serious thing the US needs to protect itself against.

It does appear that Sessions really has to work hard to protect Trump when it comes to the Comey firing. I think Sessions recognizes there may have been some inappropriateness from Trump there but nothing illegal.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not convinced that there was any activity on the part of the "Russians" (so-called) that was out of the ordinary to influence our 2016 election.

All over the international news scene (check Drudge News) just before an election there are pundits of every nation giving points of view, analyses even to the level of advice concerning our elections.

SO WHAT!

Did the Russian perpetrators (or German or Israeli or Italian, blah, blah) who support the DNC or RNC or independents or whoever SNEAK into the voting booths and VOTE!?

Oh that's right we've switched over to Obstruction of Justice.

My bad.

HankD

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing about this statement is true.

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And there are those from both sides of the aisle which are risking domestic and international upheaval in an attempt to unseat our president.

HankD

5. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'll highlight a few quotes.

From the Comey hearing.

I don't think the republicans and sessions are looking to unseat the president. It was stated explicitly in the hearing that the election results are not under review. I think they are honestly trying to get to the bottom of what election interference took place, whether there was collusion, and how to prevent either in the future.

I think it is reasonable to be concerned about this, admitting it happened and will likely continue to happen without saying that the trump campaign was involved or that it decided the result of the election. It is pretty consistent with what appears to be Russian interference in other elections around the world.