1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Jerry Bridges

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What an air-tight substantive post. I am sure you use that line to good effect when doing your witnessing.

By the way, you said in # 31 that you put me on block and no longer read my posts. Hmm... You don't do what you say.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't you realize that you need to use the possessive apostrophe? It should be :Rippon's.

You could reword your question like this:
    "Have I asked for your advice, or Rippon's for that matter?"

You have indeed not asked for our advice, but out of our generosity we have lavished you with helpful hints regarding grammar. And there are a handful of other posters who have done so also. Are we all to be dismissed by the wave of your hand?

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you want someone to follow you around and correct your spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors, I could do that. I see an error in each of your last two posts.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo with Tapatalk Pro.

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan has a flexible Ignore List Policy. He "sneaks peeks".

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one I know, not even Presbyterians, will say that Calvinism means anything other than Predestination.

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

Travel in small circles, eh? . Just kidding, Aaron. It does not take much, however, to find Reformed churches that see "Baptist" and Reformed/Calvinistic as opposite doctrines. I know some Presbyterian members who are adamant that Calvinism denotes a covenantal understanding that is foreign to churches that could hold to "believers baptism." I also know of Arminian churches that believe in predestination (although not unconditional election).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk